Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nails

Mecklenburg County BOC approves new MLS Stadium/CCC Fugs it up/1/30-bid still ON despite CCC

Recommended Posts

People are missing the point...  having MLS team will be way more attractive for many investors to relocate to Charlotte. Our Mayor is a ragging idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Nails said:

Wtf?!  Who else is going to write a $200+ million check for this city???!!!

Do some research on Bruton.  Particularly how he held the city of Concord hostage to upgrade his track.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, blackcat said:

Do some research on Bruton.  Particularly how he held the city of Concord hostage to upgrade his track.  

He didn't... he said he will relocate to Charlotte...  causing insane lose of revenue for concord.  Sports bring inflow of people and jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

He didn't... he said he will relocate to Charlotte...  causing insane lose of revenue for concord.  Sports bring inflow of people and jobs.

I understand the economic impact of sports, I've lived in Charlotte and seen what it has done for this city.  Smith has a history of making threats to get what he wants.  i don't blame the city for not wanting to mess with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blackcat said:

I understand the economic impact of sports, I've lived in Charlotte and seen what it has done for this city.  Smith has a history of making threats to get what he wants.  i don't blame the city for not wanting to mess with him.

He made threats because he is a concord cash cow.  Without him, concord would be nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ARSEN said:

He made threats because he is a concord cash cow.  Without him, concord would be nothing.

Very true, but I still can't blame Clt for not wanting to do business with him.  They'd be naive to think to think he wouldn't try the same tricks down the road in the big city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blackcat said:

Very true, but I still can't blame Clt for not wanting to do business with him.  They'd be naive to think to think he wouldn't try the same tricks down the road in the big city.

Charlotte is not concord.  MLS is immaterial to Charlotte.  We are financial center... banks are out cash cows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Just now, blackcat said:

Very true, but I still can't blame Clt for not wanting to do business with him.  They'd be naive to think to think he wouldn't try the same tricks down the road in the big city.

Then CLT won't have the most popular game in the world and other cities who also have investors willing to pay the $150 expansion fee will leave us in the dust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because a city has Hispanics doesn't mean MLS can be supported, lol. Miami used to have a team and it fell apart. Now they're trying again. Orlando is having decent success. Atlanta is about to try (but they can't even keep NHL). I think Charlotte would have one of the lowest attendance avg in MLS if they ever got a team.

Austin needs pro sports, San Antonio needs more than the Spurs, heck ... Indianapolis would support soccer better.

Putting MLS in the Triangle makes much more sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

Just because a city has Hispanics doesn't mean MLS can be supported, lol. Miami used to have a team and it fell apart. Now they're trying again. Orlando is having decent success. Atlanta is about to try (but they can't even keep NHL). I think Charlotte would have one of the lowest attendance avg in MLS if they ever got a team.

Austin needs pro sports, San Antonio needs more than the Spurs, heck ... Indianapolis would support soccer better.

Putting MLS in the Triangle makes much more sense.

Crowds would be huge.  CLT has no beach, good parks system, or MLB team for summer entertainment.  CLT used to be a city on the rise, but after choosing minor league baseball and stiff arming MLS, not anymore.  Those are small time moves.

Indianapolis and Austin weren't even in the 10 cities listed by MLS, but unfortunately right now after the CCC chopped its own d*ck off even they appear more likely to have a team than CLT.

The Triangle may get the team now.  But they shouldn't.  CLT has more people, is in the middle of the Carolinas to draw from both, had a bigger $$$ man in Smith, also has a huge soccer culture, has drawn impressive crowds at BOA for international/friendly matches, has a far more accessible international airport with many more flights, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope those calling names and speaking down to those that don't share their opinion are tax paying meckenburg citizens. I think everyone agrees it would be great to have another national team sport in the city but someone has to foot the bill. Maybe Bruton should consider a PSL based system so people can put their money where there mouths are.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×