• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Vanguard2006

Vanguard2006

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:29 PM

Im on the Giants message Boards in i highly recomend you to go on there and read the stuff they are saying. They Talk big and stuff this is just one of the comments back to me about a statment i made on on message board

janstett said to me

"I know we haven't played well in the last two weeks, but it sounds like you guys are completely unprepared for the potential smacking you will get if the SB champs show up.

I guess I have to remind you how we put up yards and time of possession on the #1 ranked Steelers defense and beat them in their house. Or how we held the #1 rusher in the NFL Clinton Portis to 22 yards. Or how we ran for 207 yards on the vaunted Ravens #1 rush defense (first team to do that since 10 years ago, first team to run on them for more than 76 yards all year). If THAT team shows up you will find yourselves overmatched, ask Ray-Ray.

Looking at your schedule, I think you're overinflated based on who you played while we took on the league's best teams in the stretch of a few weeks and beat them. You've been warned."

HAHAAH i told him that they havnt played us yet i mean seriously think about it thats those teams but its not Our Cats we are a completly better team than those teams are. Any ways please go on there talk talk our Panthers up!!!

#2 PanthersFanInGA

PanthersFanInGA

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:31 PM

We have just as good of a chance of winning this game Sunday as they do if not a better chance. I honestly feel that as of now, we are the better football team. Let em brag and praise their team. It's only gonna make it hurt worse when we pull a huge upset to take #1 seed in the NFC.

#3 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:34 PM

They are going to roll over your team

#4 PanthersFanInGA

PanthersFanInGA

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:36 PM

They are going to roll over your team

Kinda like how yall rolled over the Browns?

#5 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

The Browns?

#6 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,536 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:21 PM

He's a Dirty Turd fan.

#7 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:15 PM

Whoever makes the run out of the gate, wins this game. If they both do in the the first 2 quarters, it will be a race to the finish line.

#8 AK47 PANTHER

AK47 PANTHER

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:18 AM

Im on the Giants message Boards in i highly recomend you to go on there and read the stuff they are saying. They Talk big and stuff this is just one of the comments back to me about a statment i made on on message board

janstett said to me

"I know we haven't played well in the last two weeks, but it sounds like you guys are completely unprepared for the potential smacking you will get if the SB champs show up.

I guess I have to remind you how we put up yards and time of possession on the #1 ranked Steelers defense and beat them in their house. Or how we held the #1 rusher in the NFL Clinton Portis to 22 yards. Or how we ran for 207 yards on the vaunted Ravens #1 rush defense (first team to do that since 10 years ago, first team to run on them for more than 76 yards all year). If THAT team shows up you will find yourselves overmatched, ask Ray-Ray.

Looking at your schedule, I think you're overinflated based on who you played while we took on the league's best teams in the stretch of a few weeks and beat them. You've been warned."

HAHAAH i told him that they havnt played us yet i mean seriously think about it thats those teams but its not Our Cats we are a completly better team than those teams are. Any ways please go on there talk talk our Panthers up!!!

They've played us now. What do you think about that?

Congratulations Giants. You have a great team and a great Coach. For one, I expect a repeat of a Super Bowl win this year.

#9 janstett

janstett

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:22 AM

janstett said to me

This is me, the same guy. I really don't think I talked any smack, and the end result is my team backed it up on the field big time with a 301 yard rushing performance.

The Panthers are a good team and as a Giant fan I know all about John Fox... We were disappointed that they didn't fire Fassel and promote Fox to HC after that SB XXXV loss.

However, I have to point out that Vanguard must be very naive or maybe he just started watching football. It's great to root for your team, but to just blindly say "they didn't play us, we're completely better than all those teams" is just completely blind homerism. Really, you think you have a better defense than the Steelers, a better run defense than the Ravens? Come on, get real. My team is the defending SB champs and I'd probably give the edge to the Steelers and Ravens D over my own, mostly because we lost Hall of Famer Michael Strahan to retirement and we lost our pro-bowl DE Osi Umenyiora to an injury and without him the D line isn't as spectacular as it was last year, and frankly our LB corps is not spectacular; but having said that it's still damned good D but I'd put Steelers or Ravens units above it. I listed some of the Giants' big accomplishments in the span of a few weeks, and they're all true. One or two you could write off as a fluke, but aside from turkeys against the Browns, Cowboys, and Eagles, the team has performed on a very high level.

Anyway, Vanguard is delusional and that just leads to disappointment. I think Carolina has a great team and almost all the pieces, I just don't think they've been tested yet the way the Giants have and it remains to be seen if they have the team fortitude to do what the Giants have done last year and this year, and that's the missing piece that makes the difference for a championship. If you guys find that, you are championship material.

Having players is just half of the puzzle, otherwise Dallas would win the SB every year. The other half is coaching, teamwork, selflessness, and mental toughness.

Edited by janstett, 24 December 2008 - 08:30 AM.

#10 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:26 AM

Had we not been missing 2 pieces right smack in the middle of our defensive line (1 for the entire game and 1 for the second half), there's no way the Giants would have racked up those rushing numbers.

Water under the bridge though. I don't dislike the giants - even Eli won me over during your Superbowl run. Hope to see you for a rematch.

#11 janstett

janstett

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:37 AM

Had we not been missing 2 pieces right smack in the middle of our defensive line (1 for the entire game and 1 for the second half), there's no way the Giants would have racked up those rushing numbers.

Water under the bridge though. I don't dislike the giants - even Eli won me over during your Superbowl run. Hope to see you for a rematch.

Watch football long enough and you realize the "what-if" doesn't matter. You make plays or you don't, that's the game. Games almost always come down to a handfull of pivotal plays when teams are on the same level.

I could say what if Osi wasn't out for the season, what if our DT wasn't playing with 2 broken hands, what if Tuck was 100% instead of fighting the flu and wobbling over to the sidelines to throw up, what if we caught 1 or 2 of those blown interceptions, what if Plaxico Burress wasn't a moron.

Good luck this week against NO.

Edited by janstett, 24 December 2008 - 08:42 AM.

#12 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:43 AM

Yep - that's why it's all water under the bridge and you move on.

Hey, and regarding Tuck being sick, at least the camera panned away from him once they realized he was puking on the field. It's a shame when something like that happens to a player.

#13 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 09:45 AM

All I know is no one in NY would like to see the Panthers again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.