nctarheel0619

The Rivalry: Carolina vs Duke 8 PM EST ESPN. It's a Holiday in the Triangle.

682 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, MGH1989 said:

How many ringzzzz tho?

It makes for good fodder among rival fans, but no one outside of this state really remembers or cares. But they remember the rings.

duke fans have to get creative with their timeframes to win that argument. Both programs have 5 championships (UNC actually has 6 since they were retroactively awarded the 1924 championship but I won't even count that one).

9 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

I love how Duke fans like to manipulate the timelines of comparison to strengthen their arguments. First it was a decade - now it's gone to the last seven years. UNC won in 2009 - one year before Duke in 2010. UNC lost in last year's National Championship. UNC is obviously in a better position to win one this year. Duke has most definitely dominated the head-to-head match-ups, but let's not act like UNC hasn't had recent success. Why stop at seven years or a decade? Roll it back to 2005 and let's compare trophies. Let's roll it back to the beginning of time and compare head-to-head. The fact is that Duke has been bounced 5 times in the opening weekend by schools like Lehigh and Mercer and just because you choose to pick a timeframe to justify accepting those defeats by the number of Championships, I, personally, will never been satisfied with having my team completely flopping half the time and then try to make an "it's cool - we don't really care" argument

Can't you live with early defeats if you are also the last guy standing? They don't give trophies for the elite 8 or even the Final Four. This ain't the 70s.

You went last year and lost. Slow clap for making it further last year.

It's about winning championships and only Duke and i think Uconn have won multiple times reee cent..ly.

Carolina is a bucket from winning 1 more recently and Duke a bucket from winning 2. 1 pt and 2 pt losses.

Since the last time UNC won it all, Duke has gotten coffee twice. As long as you guys avoid Kansas and Duke Uconn they both usually fare pretty well.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

duke fans have to get creative with their timeframes to win that argument. Both programs have 5 championships (UNC actually has 6 since they were retroactively awarded the 1924 championship but I won't even count that one).

K > Roy and Dean

I also like our version of math better.

9 minutes ago, pstall said:

Can't you live with early defeats if you are also the last guy standing? They don't give trophies for the elite 8 or even the Final Four. This ain't the 70s.

You went last year and lost. Slow clap for making it further last year.

It's about winning championships and only Duke and i think Uconn have won multiple times reee cent..ly.

Carolina is a bucket from winning 1 more recently and Duke a bucket from winning 2. 1 pt and 2 pt losses.

Since the last time UNC won it all, Duke has gotten coffee twice. As long as you guys avoid Kansas and Duke Uconn they both usually fare pretty well.

This. I swear man. Its like Carolina fans have grown content with that. It actually makes me sad.

1 minute ago, MGH1989 said:

K > Roy and Dean

I also like our version of math better.

Agree to disagree. 

I like the fact that we're still playing while duke is at home and K is plotting his next "back issue". I'll never have any respect for that man hanging his top assistant out to dry and letting him take the fall. That's something DES or Roy would never do.

Whatever helps you guys justify getting beat in the first weekend is good with me. It's enjoyable watching it happen and it's enjoyable watching you act like it isn't a big deal. 

On another note....what are you guys gonna do with all your free time next weekend? 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, RoaringRiot said:

Whatever helps you guys justify getting beat in the first weekend is good with me. It's enjoyable watching it happen and it's enjoyable watching you act like it isn't a big deal. 

On another note....what are you guys gonna do with all your free time next weekend? 

It keeps me up at night bro. I honestly don't know how I make it out of bed everyday.

Maybe K can use his free time to get a few more 5* big man recruits to let rot away on the bench.

1 person likes this

I'm a die hard UNC fan but this years team scares the hell out of me.  I truly believed we were the best team last year in the tourny, but this year we just don't have a go to guy like Brice Johnson, or an x factor in Paige. I like to think J Jackson is, but he seems to disapear at times. Our defense can be horrendous in spurts as well( shown in last 5 min of 1st half vs ARK). I hope i'm wrong, i'm just not confident we can get past UCLA/Kentucky. Please prove me wrong though Heels

1 minute ago, Yaboychris28 said:

I'm a die hard UNC fan but this years team scares the hell out of me.  I truly believed we were the best team last year in the tourny, but this year we just don't have a go to guy like Brice Johnson, or an x factor in Paige. I like to think J Jackson is, but he seems to disapear at times. Our defense can be horrendous in spurts as well( shown in last 5 min of 1st half vs ARK). I hope i'm wrong, i'm just not confident we can get past UCLA/Kentucky. Please prove me wrong though Heels

Not gonna disagree because I feel the same way. Fortunately, as talented as UCLA and UK are the same is true for them.