Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nctarheel0619

The Rivalry: Carolina vs Duke 8 PM EST ESPN. It's a Holiday in the Triangle.

WOW!!    2,571
5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH LOSER

DID NOT READ! 

Hahahahahaha as expected ..

Bitch ass..lol

WOW!!    2,571
1 minute ago, Cuttinedge said:

Well at least yall didn't lose the first round game 

Again 

Okay.... so .. atleast i can look at 2 recent national titles to make me feel better when this happens.. lol

4Corners    2,007
2 minutes ago, Cuttinedge said:

Wait a minute what did he do to them this year ? Apparently "not " coach em up.

One of the best recruiting classes plus returning upperclassmen and GONE knocked out like a fat bi::ch playing dodgeball 

K is a very smart in game coach, tactfully he knows what the hell he is doing. No argument from me there. But this idea that he develops players NOW is a myth. There are numerous examples of this. Look at his bench of McD AAs that he refuses to play. Jeter, Bolden, Giles every single one of these guys saw their draft stock plummet. Bolden and Jeter should probably transfer. You can even look at Jahil Oakafor as an example too. Bordering on a big time bust status in NBA and the sixers couldn't give him away at trade deadline. 

K no longer develops players partially because he doesn't have to. He basically gets his choice of elite HS prospects. His coaching style changed when he was unfairly given a huge recruiting advantage by being allowed to coach Olympic team. 

It amazes me to see these elite big men continue to go there and be underused, undervalued, and under-developed. Bigs at Duke are there to set screens for shooters and that's it. 

• Pie 2

pstall    5,759
1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

i guarantee you more UNC fans went to UNC (such as myself) than Duke fans went to Duke.

All my money went to Huddle All Pro...

• Pie 1

WOW!!    2,571
2 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

Speaking of getting punched in the mouth, how does that COCK taste?

Good i guess... It goes well with 2 national championships in the last 6 years. 

WOW!!    2,571
8 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

K is a very smart in game coach, tactfully he knows what the hell he is doing. No argument from me there. But this idea that he develops players NOW is a myth. There are numerous examples of this. Look at his bench of McD AAs that he refuses to play. Jeter, Bolden, Giles every single one of these guys saw their draft stock plummet. Bolden and Jeter should probably transfer. You can even look at Jahil Oakafor as an example too. Bordering on a big time bust status in NBA and the sixers couldn't give him away at trade deadline. 

K no longer develops players partially because he doesn't have to. He basically gets his choice of elite HS prospects. His coaching style changed when he was unfairly given a huge recruiting advantage by being allowed to coach Olympic team. 

It amazes me to see these elite big men continue to go there and be underused, undervalued, and under-developed. Bigs at Duke are there to set screens for shooters and that's it. 

Yeah because Miles and Mason pumlee made it to the NBA on their skillsets alone..

Not to mention Jefferson right??

By comparison where are the Ware twins right now..

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Not up to Duke standards .  But we still won over 25 games the ACC tourney and punched unc in the mouth twice..  Not great but we can't win it every year..

Whose still dancing?

WOW!!    2,571
Just now, gorillamilitia13 said:

Whose still dancing?

If you get no title does all that dancing matter??

Win a title this decade and let me know..

7 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

This. 

And the whole academic scandal around UNC really affected Roy's ability to recruit, other teams were using that against UNC. So what'd Roy do? Develop the hell out of his players. Look at all the big men and point gaurds Roy's been able to develop over their time at UNC. Duke's become a one and done school like Kentucky.

• Pie 2

4Corners    2,007
25 minutes ago, Cuttinedge said:

Whatever happen to the kid coach k talked into renouncing his senior season of HS.  

Played last year cause dook was desperate for a pg and transferred after K recruited his replacement the next year. Talk about ruining someone's career. 

Deryck Thornton - a 5* point guard that word on the street is the rat ran off so he could give his a scholly to Marques Bolden. Thornton will be at Southern Cal next season  

Really bit them in the ass because Duke played the entire season without a legit point guard. 

Hindsight is 20/20 but it definitely looks like the wiser moves would have been to keep Thornton and keep Semi Ojeleye too. Semi was named AAC player of the year. Big surprise he gets off of a crowded bench with sparse minutes and balls out somewhere else. 

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

If you get no title does all that dancing matter??

Win a title this decade and let me know..

Like you said, you cant win a NCAA title every year and the years you can't, an ACC title will suffice. Which we've done back to back now. Oh and still have a chance to win the NCAA this year.

WOW!!    2,571
2 minutes ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

This. 

And the whole academic scandal around UNC really affected Roy's ability to recruit, other teams were using that against UNC. So what'd Roy do? Develop the hell out of his players. Look at all the big men and point gaurds Roy's been able to develop over their time at UNC. Duke's become a one and done school like Kentucky.

So.... We have a championship because of it as well..

WOW!!    2,571
2 minutes ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

Like you said, you cant win a NCAA title every year and the years you can't, an ACC title will suffice. Which we've done back to back now. Oh and still have a chance to win the NCAA this year.

And we have 2 national championships a ACc touney title and a 13 out of 18 record vs our perceived rivial..