• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nctarheel0619

The Rivalry: Carolina vs Duke 8 PM EST ESPN. It's a Holiday in the Triangle.

7 hours ago, The Huddler said:

nah

VaTech lol

VPI fans are still getting used to having a respectable hoops program. Be interesting to see how long Buzz sticks around for - I saw something about lsu going after him hard after the season. 

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

TOUGH GAME, DUKE

I think theyll be just fine. Thanks for the condolences though. A lot of teams in the acc are solid this year.  I would think you would understand that winning on the road against a team you are maybe a little better than is difficult.  Now I will wait until you cry about hicks being out. 

8 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I think theyll be just fine. Thanks for the condolences though. A lot of teams in the acc are solid this year.  I would think you would understand that winning on the road against a team you are maybe a little better than is difficult.  Now I will wait until you cry about hicks being out. 

Surprised you didn't make excuses for Giles.  Seems to be a Duke fans go to after last nights loss.  

And Syracuse had 17 wins last night before that game.  That was not a good loss, just stop.  

1 hour ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Surprised you didn't make excuses for Giles.  Seems to be a Duke fans go to after last nights loss.  

And Syracuse had 17 wins last night before that game.  That was not a good loss, just stop.  

Didn't say it was a "good" loss. Duke plays better at home it's that simple. They have one loss this year that I would say is bad. 

Otherwise they've lost to a really good Kansas team at a neutral site

Then on the road to very good fsu and Louisville teams

And on the road to decent vatech and cuse teams. 

I fully expect them to lose at unc. 

Duke is a good team not great.  They have 3 really good college players in Kennard,  Allen and Jefferson and 1 nba talent in tatum.  

I don't see Giles making it through 1 contract in the NBA. 

6 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Didn't say it was a "good" loss. Duke plays better at home it's that simple. They have one loss this year that I would say is bad. 

Otherwise they've lost to a really good Kansas team at a neutral site

Then on the road to very good fsu and Louisville teams

And on the road to decent vatech and cuse teams. 

I fully expect them to lose at unc. 

Duke is a good team not great.  They have 3 really good college players in Kennard,  Allen and Jefferson and 1 nba talent in tatum.  

I don't see Giles making it through 1 contract in the NBA. 

Fair enough.  Rare to see a realistic Duke fan.  I think Kennard can be a spot up shooter in the NBA.  Could have a long career.  I think Allen is screwed, should be overseas after a few years.  Jefferson has NBDL all over him.

Giles has talent, but I think injuries have derailed what could've been a great career.  

Not sure how I would feel if my Hornets picked him.  

2 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Fair enough.  Rare to see a realistic Duke fan.  I think Kennard can be a spot up shooter in the NBA.  Could have a long career.  I think Allen is screwed, should be overseas after a few years.  Jefferson has NBDL all over him.

Giles has talent, but I think injuries have derailed what could've been a great career.  

Not sure how I would feel if my Hornets picked him.  

If the hornets pick up Giles I will rage. He doesn't have an outside game and he's weak in the post in college.  He will not be able to do anything in the NBA I don't think.  Those knee injuries have to have killed his explosiveness.  Allen should have left after his freshman year. 

I do like duke's chances in the acc tourney. They will have a large crowd in Brooklyn. 

8 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I do like duke's chances in the acc tourney

If UNC wins the ACC, they'll have the easiest route to the title.  So, not too sure on that one.  

2 hours ago, toldozer said:

So you're "just a little bit better than" a team that was barely .500?

2 hours ago, 15 said:

you guys maybe wanna take this convo to PM's? or the right forum? nobody else gives a flying fug. 

No one else seems to have a problem but you.  If someone feels the need to move this I'm sure they will. I didn't put the thread here just responding.

5 hours ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Their excuse is Amile Abdul Jabbar LeBron Jefferson. Thank God this softy ain't hurt anymore. When they get bounced early (again) in the tourney this year, we won't hear any whining about their 5th year senior who barely gets 10 a game and routinely man handled absence being the reason a roster full of burger boys and highly touted players underachieved.