Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jase

Hornets in bidding war for Bogdanovic

18 minutes ago, Jase said:

We're almost out of the woods

That's an expensive price for Bogdanovic. I guess Washington gets to shed that Nicholson contract which is a plus for them. He had 3 more years left on his deal and was going to get over $6M. Glad we aren't just giving up our 1st round pick this year for the hell of it.

Holy poo I've never seen so many people saying they're going to quit on their team. Pathetic. 

7 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Holy poo I've never seen so many people saying they're going to quit on their team. Pathetic. 

Not me, dude.  I was there for the Hornets game with the Riot.

They do suck though.  I would rather be negative than stop rooting for them though.  

Lol ive been here posting and rooting for this team when we were trotting out mcginnis and dominic mcguire foh with that BS. If the Hornets were to stoo the TANK for another treadmill move i would stop supporting this franchise. 

Im just a drop in the ocean tho, so who cares.

And thank Christ we didn't deal out our 1st for Bogdan. Now, back to cheering for the TANK.

Do some of you really trust this team to tank and actually draft a good to great player??

Other than Kemba who have they drafted worth a dam...

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Do some of you really trust this team to tank and actually draft a good to great player??

Other than Kemba who have they drafted worth a dam...

Very good points, its a catch 22 no matter how you spin it. 

We're crap at player development and absolute crap at scouting, but on the otherhand the roster has no assets and is truly 2- 3 key players away from being competitive..

1 minute ago, rico6 said:

Very good points, its a catch 22 no matter how you spin it. 

We're crap at player development and absolute crap at scouting, but on the otherhand the roster has no assets and is truly 2- 3 key players away from being competitive..

Correct... We tank get the a top 5 pick and get some 4 or 3 year player with no upside. 

I honesty look at this team and can't see a path to success - whether it's tanking or making moves. I said the same thing two years ago when they decided to go for the playoffs instead of tanking. They're such a sad franchise. I won't quit them, however.

I honesty look at this team and can't see a path to success - whether it's tanking or making moves. I said the same thing two years ago when they decided to go for the playoffs instead of tanking. They're such a sad franchise. I won't quit them, however.

The only way I see us doing anything is if we somehow convince Chicago or Indiana to let go of Butler/PG. We'd have to send off MKG, Frank, Lamb/Marco and Sessions plus 2 firsts for Butler/PG and likely a bad contract. We would probably still suck this season because we'd have no bench and chemistry would be an issue but making the playoffs and getting some more experience would be a definite possibility. Then for next year we'd have to hope our core of Kemba, Batum, Cody and whichever player we traded for would be enough to get vets looking to make a run to take less than market value to fill our bench out. I don't figure we could pull it off but that is the only scenario I can see that makes us legitimately competitive in the next year or so.

Potential trade for PG would also have to send our unprotected first this year, the right to swap firsts next year and in 19(I'm bad at draft pick valuing so this maybe to much/little) http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hglwqhm

Butler trade, same picks as for PG http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j7rztul

Edit: added trade machine scenarios

Sent from my XT1254 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app