Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jase

Hornets in bidding war for Bogdanovic

42 posts in this topic

Do some of you really trust this team to tank and actually draft a good to great player??

Other than Kemba who have they drafted worth a dam...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Do some of you really trust this team to tank and actually draft a good to great player??

Other than Kemba who have they drafted worth a dam...

Very good points, its a catch 22 no matter how you spin it. 

We're crap at player development and absolute crap at scouting, but on the otherhand the roster has no assets and is truly 2- 3 key players away from being competitive..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rico6 said:

Very good points, its a catch 22 no matter how you spin it. 

We're crap at player development and absolute crap at scouting, but on the otherhand the roster has no assets and is truly 2- 3 key players away from being competitive..

Correct... We tank get the a top 5 pick and get some 4 or 3 year player with no upside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honesty look at this team and can't see a path to success - whether it's tanking or making moves. I said the same thing two years ago when they decided to go for the playoffs instead of tanking. They're such a sad franchise. I won't quit them, however.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I honesty look at this team and can't see a path to success - whether it's tanking or making moves. I said the same thing two years ago when they decided to go for the playoffs instead of tanking. They're such a sad franchise. I won't quit them, however.

The only way I see us doing anything is if we somehow convince Chicago or Indiana to let go of Butler/PG. We'd have to send off MKG, Frank, Lamb/Marco and Sessions plus 2 firsts for Butler/PG and likely a bad contract. We would probably still suck this season because we'd have no bench and chemistry would be an issue but making the playoffs and getting some more experience would be a definite possibility. Then for next year we'd have to hope our core of Kemba, Batum, Cody and whichever player we traded for would be enough to get vets looking to make a run to take less than market value to fill our bench out. I don't figure we could pull it off but that is the only scenario I can see that makes us legitimately competitive in the next year or so.

Potential trade for PG would also have to send our unprotected first this year, the right to swap firsts next year and in 19(I'm bad at draft pick valuing so this maybe to much/little) http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hglwqhm

Butler trade, same picks as for PG http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j7rztul

Edit: added trade machine scenarios

Sent from my XT1254 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only defense Al Jefferson ever played was against our long term success...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Manos said:

The only way I see us doing anything is if we somehow convince Chicago or Indiana to let go of Butler/PG. We'd have to send off MKG, Frank, Lamb/Marco and Sessions plus 2 firsts for Butler/PG and likely a bad contract. We would probably still suck this season because we'd have no bench and chemistry would be an issue but making the playoffs and getting some more experience would be a definite possibility. Then for next year we'd have to hope our core of Kemba, Batum, Cody and whichever player we traded for would be enough to get vets looking to make a run to take less than market value to fill our bench out. I don't figure we could pull it off but that is the only scenario I can see that makes us legitimately competitive in the next year or so.

Potential trade for PG would also have to send our unprotected first this year, the right to swap firsts next year and in 19(I'm bad at draft pick valuing so this maybe to much/little) http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hglwqhm

Butler trade, same picks as for PG http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j7rztul

Edit: added trade machine scenarios

Sent from my XT1254 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

It's sad that Batum and Cody are even considered core players..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cody is OK. So is Batum. Unfortunately in Batum's case we're asking him to be something he's not, he's at best the glue guy on a contender (think Green) or a 3rd option. We're basically playing him as a 2nd option and Kemba as 1 (which Kemba is a fringe 2nd option on his best day). Our record is actually horrible since Cody's been out and it isnt a coincidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, rico6 said:

Kemba is a fringe 2nd option on his best day

I was gonna say that your post was pretty spot-on until you had to say that and remind us all how ignorant you are

He's just outside the top 20 in scoring and is ahead of Paul George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huddle Hornets fans assessment of NBA players

Superstar Tier:
LeBron
Westbrook
Curry
George
Biyombo

Trash Tier:
Everyone else

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0