Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Miagi

GM Michael Jordan

Mr. Miagi    511

LolZzz.  Last night, my Apple Watch sent me a ring from BR showing MJ was on the phone along with Orlando trying to land Lou Williams. How did that turn out? We lost out.

However that's not the point. The point is that, that shows MJ still has both of his hands in basketball decisions. Why have Rich Cho? That's why Rich Cho is still currently hired. Bc MJ wants someone as GM who won't argue back and let him make all the decisions behind closed doors. 

Magic Johnson and LAL will make a quicker turn around that MJ and Charlotte. 

AppHeel    209

I mean it doesn't surprise me because MJ and Magic Johnson are really tight and certainly have a better rapport than Magic and Rich would, but I see your point as well.

• Pie 1

Mr. Miagi    511

MJ won't let go of MKG Bc he thinks MKG is going to be Pippen one day. 

MJ loves the damn tall white boys who were college superstars: Adam Morrison, Cody Zeller, and Frank Kaminsky. Even Miles Plumlee. 

MJ won't let Rich Cho tank any seasons Bc he want to sell tickets to the fans by saying, "hey we were the no8 seed this year". 

MechaZain    820

Cho gets credit for all the good moves anyway and anytime there's a bad decision everyone assumes it's Jordan. Sounds like a cushy gig to me.

Mr. Miagi    511
54 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Cho gets credit for all the good moves anyway and anytime there's a bad decision everyone assumes it's Jordan. Sounds like a cushy gig to me.

It's all MJ. 

Fans just want to believe that it's Cho Bc he has the GM title. 

MechaZain    820

The idea that Jordan's pulling all strings is purely speculation and baseless. He even made a point to publicly cede power to Cho but fans are never going to let him live down the now ancient Kwame Brown fiasco. Like the fans who say that he's obsessed with NC college stars as if the franchise wasn't before, and the now retired "Jordan won't spend money" BS that local fans also said about Jerry Richardson for decades.

Super competitive and arguably the best to play the game so he's an easy scapeGOAT. At this point there's literally nothing he could do to shake his reputation as a controlling owner.