Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Miagi

Who Should We Take With Our Top 3 Pick?

rico6    987

Gimme the Steve Nash who plays D, please (Ball) or if we're bottom 10 ill take markkenan (sp?) Who folks are comparing to the next Dirk.

Mr. Miagi    511
12 hours ago, SOJA said:

talk about horrible comparisons. Malik Monk is literally nothing like Brandon Knight. 

I never said they were the same player. I said im afraid he'll be another small two guard coming out of U.K. Who can shoot the ball really well from the 3 like Brandon Knight. 

I remembered Knight being a damn good shooter at UK. Leading his team pretty far. Came into the NBA being a small guy who haven't done much, but bounce from team to team. Why? Bc of his size. 

Same question people are asking about Monk; will he be a PG or SG. He doesn't have the size to play SG. Size matters in the NBA. He's not a PG so he'll have to learn how to play the PG position. If he does that, it's going to take him years. And, meaning if he does successfully make the transition. Monk might be better suited as a 6th man (Crawford type). If Monk was 6'5", he'd easily go in the top3-5. Be a lock. He's faster and probably a better shooter than Devin Booker. 

Kemba is different. He was the point guard, point guard for the Huskies. Ball came through him. 

davos    3,849
12 hours ago, Mr. Miagi said:

Smart can't even describe me. I'm exceptionally intelligence. 

lol

• Pie 1

Manos    569

Monk reminds me more of CJ McCollum than Knight but I can understand why someone would go there with a comparison. He can certainly play the 2 in the NBA he will just be a defensive liability. Offensively he should be quick and skilled enough to get his shot off vs bigger defenders just fine. At least that's what I see with my limited basketball expertise.

Edit: Also for what it's worth Monk seems to have that "swag" quality MJ seems to covet. It's the reason we drafted Kemba and Frank, they have that "thing" that MJ had(less of it obviously) and MJ loves players with it.

Sent from my XT1254 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

• Pie 1

jumpman910    785

Monk or Issac. Its uncanny how little young talent the hornets have. Part of the issue is scouting department and player development. 

This isn't to knock MKG but to this day his defensive value or not there was NO reason to draft him over Beal. It's almost like the hornets arent prepared once their initial plan falls thru. 

• Pie 1

Mr. Miagi    511
58 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

Monk or Issac. Its uncanny how little young talent the hornets have. Part of the issue is scouting department and player development. 

This isn't to knock MKG but to this day his defensive value or not there was NO reason to draft him over Beal. It's almost like the hornets arent prepared once their initial plan falls thru. 

MKG was very talented coming out. And I was a big fan. I was split between MKG and Beal. Hindsight, Beal should've been the choice. 

However, my decision and opinion don't matter. That's why I'm not getting paid the big bucks to scout and work for the Hornets. The professional decision makers should've realize that MKG's shooting was going to be non existence. 

Beal, Waiters and Lillard were the best two shooters and that draft. Then you have Barnes. MJ and Cho decided they wanted MKG.