Saca312

Free Agency/Draft Tracker Thread: Post News Here!

1,301 posts in this topic

Some news as of February 27:

• DT Kawann Short, RB Le'Veon Bell, DE Chandler Jones, and DE Jason Pierre-Paul all have franchise tags on them. Melvin Ingram also expected to be retained in that form.
  • DE Mario Addison got a 3 year deal with the Panthers
  • WR Alshon Jeffery not expected to be tagged a second year in a row
  • OG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif gets a 5 year extension worth $41.25 million
  • S Eric Berry expresses disdain at the prospect of being re-tagged a second year in a row.
Edited by Saca312
6 people like this

Steelers have agreed to terms on a new deal for Antonio Brown.

Some in the organization apparently think he's a headache, but not enough of one to let go.

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Steelers have agreed to terms on a new deal for Antonio Brown.

Some in the organization apparently think he's a headache, but not enough of one to let go.

$17M per year. For a f*cking wide receiver lol. Best in the game yes, but also a headache and at a relatively unimportant position. Crazy.

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

OG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif gets a 5 year extension worth $41.25 million

Have to confess I know nothing about this guy.  But dang, I hope that doesn't inflate Turner & Norwell's prices!  I'm expecting us to re-sign both.

3 people like this

Just now, KB_fan said:

Have to confess I know nothing about this guy.  But dang, I hope that doesn't inflate Turner & Norwell's prices!  I'm expecting us to re-sign both.

Think he was the Canadian who originally was slated as an OT.  Had great workouts and got drafted  but was kicked inside.  Very good athlete

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

He's inspirational honestly. He's a solid pass blocking guard for the Chiefs. But what really sets him apart is how he's also studying as a medical student.

1 person likes this

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/27/report-chiefs-working-to-make-eric-berry-the-nfls-highest-paid-safety/

Chiefs getting it done with Berry according to reports:

The Chiefs are trying to finalize a deal with safety Eric Berry that would make Berry the NFL’s highest-paid safety, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported Monday.

Getting that deal done soon would not only keep Berry off the market but would give the Chiefs the chance to use their franchise tag on nose tackle Dontari Poe instead of using it on Berry for a second straight year. The deadline to place the franchise tag on players in Wednesday, March 1.

With that deadline looming and the Chiefs wanting to keep both players, the report said the sides are “working hard” at nailing down the details on a new contract for Berry.

DJ Swearinger needs to be getting a lot more attention.

Yeah he may have been somewhat of a headache back with the Texans. However after going from Houston to Tampa to Arizona in 4 years it seems to have matured him. 

Swearinger can do it all and showed as much this season. He spent time at both free and strong safety this past season and succeeded in both. 

Everyone knows Swearinger as a big hitter but Swearing has good coverage skills as well. If he has truly matured he's someone the Panthers should seriously make a top priority once FA begins.

With the QB's we have in our division we need guys that can cover!

1 person likes this