Photo
- - - - -

We need too rethink the trading Diaw thing!!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:34 PM

Bad Idea!!!! We have never had a PF do all this since LJ. Shoot inside and out. A good rebounder and passer. Plus a good defender!!! Lee can't do all this. We need to keep Diaw!!!

#2 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:37 AM

i told yall, kids a monster when given a chance to dominate! if we traded him i would seriously have a hard time supporting them anymore. i have always loved diaw since his hawk days!

#3 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:44 AM

Looks like Anthony Mason on the court. The offense runs through he and DJ.

#4 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:24 AM

Where is all this talk of him being on the block coming from? I haven't even heard it.

#5 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:47 AM

I'll be honest, I didn't like the trade when it went through. I hated it. But, after a few days thinking about it, it started to grow on me. But still, when I started hearing how we were looking at trading Bell and Diaw to NY, I was excited to see what we could get out of it... But, after the last few games with Diaw... I don't want to get rid of Diaw. I could care less about Bell, because he really has digressed over the last few years.

Diaw is really making it hard on opposing defenses. I still think his defense needs some work, but defense is mainly heart and hustle. It's "want to." Diaw strikes me as a guy that if he gets his offense going and his shots are falling then he'll get hyped on defense. He really has made our offense a different beast with his ability to step outside, handle, pass, or get on the low block. I hope we keep him now. But, I hope we add another piece as well.

#6 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:37 PM

When Marbury said the team he signed with was "going to surprise some people", do you think it was Charlotte to play SG?

#7 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:42 PM

When Marbury said the team he signed with was "going to surprise some people", do you think it was Charlotte to play SG?

Hmm... who knows. If he was cheap enough I'd be willing to take a chance, but I don't think we have the money.

#8 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,200 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:03 PM

he has never played SG in his life...why would he start on the tail ed of his career?

#9 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:45 PM

ummm.. id say 0 chance of that. remember why larry brown left new york???? they hate each other!

#10 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:51 AM

Yeah, but i'd imagine that league interest in Marbury is at an all time low considering how things have gone in NY and if anybody could whip him back into shape it would be LB. Most PGs have hated LB when he first signed on.

As for the not having played SG thing, we've got a SG right now that hasn't ever played SG before. If the guy can still put the rock in the bucket then he's going to play somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users