Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carl Spackler

Best Wings in Charlotte?

Recommended Posts

If you're in to smoked wings, Boardwalk Billy's has a chipotle citrus flavor that will change your life. Meat falls right off the bone. [emoji108]🏼


Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

 


Yep. Though you can't taste it. Wife hates cauliflower but requested I double this recipe next time. Honestly just takes like wings, baked cauliflower has a meaty texture.

 

If done right, a wing sauce is supposed to compliment the taste of chicken, or in your case, cauliflower. If all you want is the taste of sauce, then you aren't doing it right. JMO. I have to say though, the idea of doing mushrooms instead of cauliflower is very appealing. I love mushrooms so I don't think it would be weird to do a savory buffalo shroom and they have a very meaty texture and a good umami. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


17 hours ago, Woodie said:

My aunt used to swear up and down that humans are not supposed to be meat eaters.  She said our teeth are designed for the grinding of plant-based foods, and are not made for ripping and tearing meat off bones.

Don't know if she was right or not, I just know I couldn't go through life without the delicacies of steak, hamburgers, wings, etc.  My teeth may say vegetarian, but my taste buds say 100% carnivore!

That's partly true. A good case can be made that the reason for becoming human was eating cooked meat. Your brain requires lots of energy to properly function and eating meat maybe the reason for evolved homosapiens. Think about this say you have new born twins. Starting early one only eats plants and the other eats lean meats with vegetables/fruits. Each few years you test various things form immune system, height, weight, IQ, strength, overall organ functions, etc etc. Who will come out on top??? I know where my money is, hell plant kid may die form malnutrition before long. You could go with groups too. Imagine if the panthers took on Jeremys new plant-based eating habits.

There is a solution coming in the form of lab-grown meat, which I'm more than willing to try. Problem is with most health foods is the cost, same for lab-grown meat. If king of the land, one of my top duties would be reduce the cost of healthier options and greatly limit the food advisements.That said, I do agree with reducing meat intake. For the last few years I cut about 1/3 out of my daily, but I'm not going to sumcomb to false guilt feelings. I'd hate to be one of those cult types, telling everyone within two seconds of meeting" I don't eat meat, here's a flyer".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MV%doe said:

That's partly true. A good case can be made that the reason for becoming human was eating cooked meat. Your brain requires lots of energy to properly function and eating meat maybe the reason for evolved homosapiens. Think about this say you have new born twins. Starting early one only eats plants and the other eats lean meats with vegetables/fruits. Each few years you test various things form immune system, height, weight, IQ, strength, overall organ functions, etc etc. Who will come out on top??? I know where my money is, hell plant kid may die form malnutrition before long. You could go with groups too. Imagine if the panthers took on Jeremys new plant-based eating habits.

There is a solution coming in the form of lab-grown meat, which I'm more than willing to try. Problem is with most health foods is the cost, same for lab-grown meat. If king of the land, one of my top duties would be reduce the cost of healthier options and greatly limit the food advisements.That said, I do agree with reducing meat intake. For the last few years I cut about 1/3 out of my daily, but I'm not going to sumcomb to false guilt feelings. I'd hate to be one of those cult types, telling everyone within two seconds of meeting" I don't eat meat, here's a flyer".

Others speculate it was psychedelic mushrooms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2017 at 3:58 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

 

Its true. Our entire anatomy is that of a frujivore. Just like other primates. 95% fruit and vegetation, 5% animal protein

Honest question though: Why does a dozen hot honey BBQ wings with french fries taste SO MUCH BETTER than a caesar salad (though mixed greens salads are pretty good)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Honest question though: Why does a dozen hot honey BBQ wings with french fries taste SO MUCH BETTER than a caesar salad (though mixed greens salads are pretty good)

Salt. Lots of salt. But if you have ever had fresh made caesar dressing, the bottle stuff is garbage. But what's wrong with having a dozen wings on my caesar salad with fresh fried string potato croutons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2017 at 6:19 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

Whipped this up tonight. Plant based Buffalo bites. I promise you all would love them.

4e8a52d8cec5b7da12faf9562ca96a84.jpg

Link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




That's partly true. A good case can be made that the reason for becoming human was eating cooked meat. Your brain requires lots of energy to properly function and eating meat maybe the reason for evolved homosapiens. Think about this say you have new born twins. Starting early one only eats plants and the other eats lean meats with vegetables/fruits. Each few years you test various things form immune system, height, weight, IQ, strength, overall organ functions, etc etc. Who will come out on top??? I know where my money is, hell plant kid may die form malnutrition before long. You could go with groups too. Imagine if the panthers took on Jeremys new plant-based eating habits.


This is so misguided and lacking in any actual science. Some of the healthiest populations in recorded history were mainly eating plants.

Btw, we were human and eating primarily plant based for the majority of the time we have been on this earth. That is a simple fact.

Your brain doesnt need consumed animal protein to function. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when I lived in S. Charlotte I would go to wingstop so many times, met the great Sam Mills there once

icon-logo-seo.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

 


This is so misguided and lacking in any actual science. Some of the healthiest populations in recorded history were mainly eating plants.

Btw, we were human and eating primarily plant based for the majority of the time we have been on this earth. That is a simple fact.

Your brain doesnt need consumed animal protein to function. Lol

 

I did not at any part state this was science based fact. Simply said a good case case can be made. I don't know what caused the leap in brain power. Just around those same times fire was introduced. Eating cooked meat beats the hell of eating grass and leaves(while spending hours to collect). Then again you jumped over the mountain again in saying " brain needs animal protein to function" . I said properly function, my friend. You can put 87 in a high performance engine and it will work, but its runs so much better if you use 93. No need to misunderstand, given my statements don't fix your new brain-washed beliefs. I know my grammar and spelling cause eye bleeding, but don't twist my statements.You never answered my first questions either and didn't even comment about the lean meat vegetable eating group being taller, smarter, healthier, and more athletic than plant group.

Since you never answer questions, heres another- Are you one of those that gos to restrautants with plant tupperware tubs?? Cannot order anything with the fear it touches butter or pan was used in cooking meat. But you feel the need to get out and eat among the normals like old times. Another for the road, once you made the change. Did you grab a giant trash bag and throw away all your non-plant based food? Hope you at least donated the "unhealthy" food and not add wastefulness to the a future guilt illness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be so glad when all this diet conversation ends.  I run 20 miles a week and eat whatever the f:ck I want.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      18,883
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    byrdmansr
    Joined
  • Topics

×