Byrdman4real

Will the Panthers still pursue Victor Cruz in free agency?

33 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Cruz is making a calculated decision. The Panthers would have liked him at a modest price tag, but he is hopeful another team will be interested or in enough need to pay him more this season. Can't blame him. 

The only way he lands in Carolina is if there is no other team out there willing to pay him a little more, which is unlikely. We will know after the draft and possibly into training camp as injuries around the league happen. 

Well sh!t. This was my post. fewer words tho...

Signs with the Panthers...late August.

:)

I doubt it

4 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

If Victor Cruz waits until after the draft to get picked up, his value will plummet.

There are plenty of solid slot WRs in this draft I'm sure Gettleman is looking at. Highly doubt he'd be picked up by us after the draft.

I think it will arrive at exactly what teams are willing to pay for him now.

1 person likes this

Yes, 39 receptions for 590 yards is better than all our receivers sans Benjamin.

c53baf5dfab9d5a80e2dec3fdece3c55.jpg

He'll be a panther when he recognizes his true market value

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Possibly signed late into the free agent period, similar to Charles Tillman. We signed him on April 9th.

No he's not a good anymore. That injury ruined him. It's sad honestly

I think there is a very good chance we draft a WR in the first 4 picks.  

If that's the case I don't see us spending much on a FA.

We need a solid third down option, other than Olsen.  The team is going nowhere when it's close to last in the league in third down conversions.  It's very hard to develop a rookie into an immediate contributor.  Cruz could be that dependable 6-8 yard receiver that keeps drives alive.

We need a solid third down option, other than Olsen.  The team is going nowhere when it's close to last in the league in third down conversions.  It's very hard to develop a rookie into an immediate contributor.  Cruz could be that dependable 6-8 yard receiver that keeps drives alive.

Totally agree. That's what all these people on here don't understand​, u can't stick a rookie in there and expect he is going to make those important 3rd down catches. We need a vet wr and Cruz would be the answer

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app