Byrdman4real

Carolina Panthers work out East Carolina's Zay Jones and working out Ross

114 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Man I totally hope Ross works out if we take him.  I pray his glass body doesn't get hit.  With Zay it won't be too big for him but not real fast.  Great hands.  I like him. 

49 minutes ago, countryboi said:

No really a fan of another big receiver that struggles to get separation. he has great hands but his lack of burst and duplication of skills we already have is a no go for me.  

The reason Jones has moved up in the draft process is because he has shown better athleticism than a lot of people were expecting during the Senior Bowl and combine.

i wouldn't consider a electronically timed 4.45 as slow.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/zay-jones?id=2557863

Also he did well in some of the quickness drills.  

That second round pick seems like a spot we could take a receiver.

3 people like this

I'd rather have Dede Westbrook with our low second than Zay Jones with our high second . 

That being said I wouldn't be mad at selecting Corey Davis or John Ross in round 1, or Jones or Westbrook in round 2. Only WR I don't want is Mike Williams too simular to what we already have . At least Zay seems to have a lot of experience playing in the slot and has better hands than funchess or Benji by a mile 

I saw that the panthers were also looking at Wayne Gallman as a potential mid round RB pick . I guess if they wanted a mid round back it would be either him or Perine 

Personally I like Jones over Ross.  Ross is amazingly fast, obviously.  However Jones was able to get open and catch everything thrown his way.  I believe he was MVP of the Senior Bowl.   I would love to see him at 40.

5 people like this

Do want 

1 person likes this

giphy.gif

Some prospects you workout because you are interested. 

Some prospects you workout to make other teams think you are interested. 

6 people like this

46 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Some prospects you workout because you are interested. 

Some prospects you workout to make other teams think you are interested. 

It would be a good way to screw with the bills.

1 person likes this

Just now, shaqattaq said:

It would be a good way to screw with the bills.

Yep, and to add to the confusion, sometimes you don't work out players you want and are sure about. See Hunter Henry last year. They really wanted him, would have been the pick if Butler was gone. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yep, and to add to the confusion, sometimes you don't work out players you want and are sure about. See Hunter Henry last year. They really wanted him, would have been the pick if Butler was gone. 

Definitely. That's why people shouldn't believe hardly anything reported this time of year. What possible motivation would anyone in the FO of an NFL team to tell someone their honest opinion on a prospect? They know when they tell one of these draft reporters something, they are going to report it. Anonymous sources are 90% dis-information. 

1 person likes this