Byrdman4real

Carolina Panthers work out East Carolina's Zay Jones and working out Ross

114 posts in this topic

High character guy. Good speed! runs good routes! Great hands! Smart!

Seriously doubt that Jones is a red herring.

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Definitely. That's why people shouldn't believe hardly anything reported this time of year. What possible motivation would anyone in the FO of an NFL team to tell someone their honest opinion on a prospect? They know when they tell one of these draft reporters something, they are going to report it. Anonymous sources are 90% dis-information. 

That's why I get all my football related news from thespecialjuan.

2 people like this

20 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

That's why I get all my football related news from thespecialjuan.

Works for me ;)

7 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

I'd rather have Dede Westbrook with our low second than Zay Jones with our high second . 

That being said I wouldn't be mad at selecting Corey Davis or John Ross in round 1, or Jones or Westbrook in round 2. Only WR I don't want is Mike Williams too simular to what we already have . At least Zay seems to have a lot of experience playing in the slot and has better hands than funchess or Benji by a mile 

I saw that the panthers were also looking at Wayne Gallman as a potential mid round RB pick . I guess if they wanted a mid round back it would be either him or Perine 

Some people have Dede as un-draftable and solely based upon him coming off not being remorseful or seeing the issue with his off the field actions. As well as coming off as scripted and not genuine with his responses. Much later round for Dede 

At this point I'm hoping the Titans take Howard and the other guys are off the board so Gettleman is forced to take John Ross

I would love to see Ross or OJ. We need offense after seeing what happened on the field last year. Cam need some weapons. Hopefully we cant move back up into the 1st round and get another offensive talent. Would love to see that on the field next year. This division is getting a lot better by the day. Trying to figure out what happened to us.

14 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Some prospects you workout because you are interested. 

Some prospects you workout to make other teams think you are interested. 

I can't see that for anyone but first rounders. 

19 hours ago, AU-panther said:

The reason Jones has moved up in the draft process is because he has shown better athleticism than a lot of people were expecting during the Senior Bowl and combine.

i wouldn't consider a electronically timed 4.45 as slow.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/zay-jones?id=2557863

Also he did well in some of the quickness drills.  

That second round pick seems like a spot we could take a receiver.

Can he beat press coverage though? That's cool you're good at quickness drills and a nice 40. But against NFL DB's with pads on, if they decide to man you and press you, will you make them pay

Zay Jones should be available when we come up again in the 2nd round at pick 64.