Lol.....I thought they were gonna spend some money this time and hire a rank and file guy? The Admins at that school must enjoy abuse? Coach K on one side and Roy Williams on the other. And they thought Kevin Keatts was gonna balance out that scale? I guess the big question now is......Who are they gonna hire 3 years from now?

Keats is a great coach, I just wish he had stayed at UNCW for a few more years. But we could only pay him 700,000 a year, State offered 2.2 mil.

I'm sure he's a good coach but is he gonna elevate their status on Tobacco Road? And get the ACC trophies? He should have stayed where he was at. And they should have went after an elite class coach. He'll be job searching by the next general election 

Keats is a great hire. The guy took UNCW........let me repeat that UNCW to back to back NCAA tournament appearances. He coached under Pitino and won a NCAA championship. To me he was the best hire they could of hoped for. This all coming from a die hard UNC fan.

Yeah back to back NCAA tournament visits with UNCW is impressive......what conference are they in? Not the ACC. If he turns up goose eggs against UNC and Duke....will he last any longer than the last several coaches they've had? Maybe he'll get lucky and Roy and K will retire next year? 

I think good hire, but he was condemned to the staters the most disillusioned fan base out there. IF they give him enough time, it will work out once K and Roy retire.

I don't know about next year, but in 2 years, all those transfers are gonna make State a top 20 team.