Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Verge

Jaguars appear to be locked in

Recommended Posts

SOJA    5,344
8 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

We're drafting OJ Howard. Thomas, Adams, and Fournette will all be gone 

That's if Tenn doesn't take him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saX man    646

I've accepted we likely won't get Fournette so will be pleasantly surprised if we pick him.  It's like that movie Showgirls.  

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doyle    4,164

I can't wait until we pick this year and I think we will hold at #8.  The Huddle will lose its mind and it will be entertaining no matter who we pick. I'm personally hoping for Fournette but if it's a defensive pick I'm always for getting better on defense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




ARSEN    9,449

Jaguars... where the players go to ruin their careers.

Florida...  Where people move to die.

Makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saX man    646
4 minutes ago, Doyle said:

I can't wait until we pick this year and I think we will hold at #8.  The Huddle will lose its mind and it will be entertaining no matter who we pick. I'm personally hoping for Fournette but if it's a defensive pick I'm always for getting better on defense.  

I have a tingling it's either Johnathan Allen or Solomon Thomas.  One of those two will fall to us.  There's always a DL who falls because of the defensive schemes of the teams picking early.  My inners really think it's Allen.  It will piss people off who think he's a full time DT but he's like Michael Bennet merged with Richard Seymour.  He can play anywhere.       

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carolina Cajun    3,487
21 minutes ago, Doyle said:

I can't wait until we pick this year and I think we will hold at #8.  The Huddle will lose its mind and it will be entertaining no matter who we pick. I'm personally hoping for Fournette but if it's a defensive pick I'm always for getting better on defense.  

I'll legitimately only be pissed off if we pick Reuben foster at 8, anyone else I think I can deal with, just not another pick on a linebacker please.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hoenheim    1,707
2 hours ago, saX man said:

I have a tingling it's either Johnathan Allen or Solomon Thomas.  One of those two will fall to us.  There's always a DL who falls because of the defensive schemes of the teams picking early.  My inners really think it's Allen.  It will piss people off who think he's a full time DT but he's like Michael Bennet merged with Richard Seymour.  He can play anywhere.       

It should suprise absoultely no one on the huddle if Allen is the pick , with those shoulder problems he's going to drop a little. I don't believe it will be Thomas , it's most likely going to be Allen, Barnett, Lattimore, or OJ Howard depending on how the chips fall above us. 

I think Fournette and Adams are locks to go above us, with Hooker being almost a lock to go above us as well. 

I don't believe the Panthers would take that big of a risk to draft Ross with his injury history at 8. It just makes too much sense for this type of franchise we all know very well to take a blue chip defensive player unless there's an emergency situation (ex. Cam, Benjamin in recent memory) . 

Hell don't even be surprised if Gettleman picks Reuben Foster it's not beyond him. He loves his linebackers and Dline and Foster is by far and away the best LB in this draft and has been compared to Luke, and we just lost Klien.. Maybe Gettleman tries to make him into an OLB to eventually play with Luke and Shaq once TD retires . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saX man    646
10 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

It should suprise absoultely no one on the huddle if Allen is the pick , with those shoulder problems he's going to drop a little. I don't believe it will be Thomas , it's most likely going to be Allen, Barnett, Lattimore, or OJ Howard depending on how the chips fall above us. 

I think Fournette and Adams are locks to go above us, with Hooker being almost a lock to go above us as well. 

I don't believe the Panthers would take that big of a risk to draft Ross with his injury history at 8. It just makes too much sense for this type of franchise we all know very well to take a blue chip defensive player unless there's an emergency situation (ex. Cam, Benjamin in recent memory) . 

Hell don't even be surprised if Gettleman picks Reuben Foster it's not beyond him. He loves his linebackers and Dline and Foster is by far and away the best LB in this draft and has been compared to Luke, and we just lost Klien.. Maybe Gettleman tries to make him into an OLB to eventually play with Luke and Shaq once TD retires . 

At the end of the day, the Titans and Jets are the wildcards.  Both of those teams could take a variety of guys because they have so many needs.  There is no way in hell Tennessee picks a QB but they need a corner really bad amongst other guys.  They could swing Lattimore earlier than expected.  I think this draft is the most unpredictable at the top in quite some years.  Bunch of skaliwags.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hoenheim    1,707

I just hope somehow the Jags pick someone other than fournette , right no it looks like they've solved all their defensive woes in free agency, RB simply makes the most sense and LF7 is the runaway favorite RB of the draft and suits their new coaches' preferences in RB style and build. 

If the Jags don't pick fournette, then i think there's a really high likelihood we do. I'm seeing the Jets being more likely to take Lattimore or whoever's the highest DB on their board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bronn    4,339

I said it a while back, but it wouldn't surprise me if they took Dalvin Cook because he is more local than Fournette...

Plus, they have a history of making pretty terrible draft decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
backINblack28    144

They drafted Yeldon 36th overall 2 years ago.  Be weird to essentially admit this early in his career that they effed that pick.  I thought he showed promise and it's definitely not his fault they're bad.  They need OL/QB.  There's not really OL prospects that high but if you put Watson on that team, tell me they're not better off.  Just like last year, are they really going to repeat the whole 'sign every single free agent for 50 mil to make us better and die at the QB position?'  If so, have fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
L-TownCat    11,862

The only thing they are locked into is the steady diet of misinformation and trying to gauge the true market for LF.  If a team wants him badly enough the Jags are going to want to get maximum value by telling everyone he's their's at #4.

Just smart business.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×