Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

The Carolina Panthers have gotten...

3 minutes ago, Jangler said:

Spending means desperate? Wow! It has taken 5 years to get out of Hurney Hell. 

Damn, now imagonna get sick.

That's a myth. We've had plenty of cap space in 14. Wasted a nice chunk of that on the Hardy franchise tag. 15 we had tons of space that was utilized to extend Cam,Luke and Kaill. 16 tons of space. Wasted a few million on Soliai (8th largest cap hit last year). Still had enough to roll over 13 million this year plus the cap has increased a ton a yearly. 

His first year the cap was at at 123 million. It's now 167 million. 

4 minutes ago, panther4life said:

That's a myth. We've had plenty of cap space in 14. Wasted a nice chunk of that on the Hardy franchise tag. 15 we had tons of space that was utilized to extend Cam,Luke and Kaill. 16 tons of space. Wasted a few million on Soliai (8th largest cap hit last year). Still had enough to roll over 13 million this year plus the cap has increased a ton a yearly. 

His first year the cap was at at 123 million. It's now 167 million. 

Okay. If Dave had the money, as he does this year, he would have used it. 

Hurney fyck ed this team up. We have been lucky to keep the players we have 

QB : =

RB : =

WR : +

TE : =

OL : +

DL : +

LB : =

CB : +

I also believe the veteran leadership gained, improves us.

I'm so bipolar on this roster. One minute I'm like great we've gotten better and the next minute I'm thinking we're still 3/4 in the NFCS.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

1 minute ago, SCP said:

I'm so bipolar on this roster. One minute I'm like great we've gotten better and the next minute I'm thinking we're still 3/4 in the NFCS.

Rest easy amigo.  We will still have a rested and motivated player at the most important position with skills the game has never seen before.  We won't go into what happened last year but obviously things got off on a wrong foot from week 1.  But just like neighbor and mentor Michael Jordan, ring 1 will be won in year 7.

PS-^on that note, cutting GaNO will be addition by subtraction.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

What changed at runningback?

"If you're not getting better, you're getting worse"

-DG

6 minutes ago, SCP said:

*wipes away tear*

I don't even know you anymore!

4 minutes ago, Jangler said:

Okay. If Dave had the money, as he does this year, he would have used it. 

Hurney fyck ed this team up. We have been lucky to keep the players we have 

But he did use it. From 2014 he never had less than 24 million to work with heading into march. This was before restructures and cuts. 

In 14 that money went to 

Hardy,Gano,Avant,Dickson,Underwood,Joe Webb, Antoine Cason, Cotchery, Richie Brockel, Roman Harper, Thomas Decoud, Mike McNeill, Russel Anderson, Ed Dickson and extending Derrick Anderson.

15 I already covered as most went to extending Hurneys core. But he also actually signed some good band aides that time as the record shows. Tillman and Oher were excellent additions plus he brought Ginn back and signed Kurt Coleman. 

See the difference in signing the right guys vs the wrong ones? I heaped tons of praise on Gettleman during the 2015 season and knew we were onto something with those kind of additions and extending Hurney guys. (Cam,Luke,Davis and Kalil).

In 2016 we had plenty of space as evidenced by the 13+ million we rolled into this year. 

Too bad he decided his biggest splashes were going to be paying Soliai and extending Tolbert.

1 hour ago, Jangler said:

Why does Jimmy Johns slap mayo on an italian?  O&V with some salt, pepper, and oregano should be enough. 

:)

Honestly, I'm good with just Peppers (and Mayo, of course).

27 minutes ago, SCP said:

Well first of all it's definetly possible to be better and still 3/4 in the NFC south. We were that bad last year and those who didn't see it coming were being blind homers.

Secondly the offseason is the land of eternal hope for every fan base. For us is breaks down like this.

Homerism vs realism. 

Homerism says the glass is half full and Kalil will finally beast out and that Peppers will have 8+ sacks, Mike Adams will be an upgrade over Harper and Moving Coleman back to FS will return him to pro bowl form.  Munnerlyn is a beast nickel and missing piece to the corner rotation

Realism says- Kalil has largely sucked his whole career, Peppers is 37, Mike Adams is 36, Coleman going to back to 2015 form is plausible but shouldn't be counted as a fact. Did anybody care or sweat it when Munnerlyn left a couple years ago? Is he better now or the same or worse?

If we are better based solely off free agency it's still a short term solution just as 2015 was. 

Bottom line is the offseason is still young and we have more questions than answers at this point. I suspect after day 2 of the draft your bipolar tendency will swing back in the favor of being happy. However we need to see results on the field.

The Panthers finished last in the division with 6 wins while only winning 1 game in the division for a reason.

The Panthers have yet to address the 2 biggest weaknesses that led to their 2016 downfall. They can strengthen the rest of the team all they want, but until they fix the 2 major weaknesses, opposing teams will easily avoid the Panthers strengths and be in every game (if not carrying the lead) going into the 4th quarter.

1 hour ago, panther4life said:

Well first of all it's definetly possible to be better and still 3/4 in the NFC south. We were that bad last year and those who didn't see it coming were being blind homers.

Secondly the offseason is the land of eternal hope for every fan base. For us is breaks down like this.

Homerism vs realism. 

Homerism says the glass is half full and Kalil will finally beast out and that Peppers will have 8+ sacks, Mike Adams will be an upgrade over Harper and Moving Coleman back to FS will return him to pro bowl form.  Munnerlyn is a beast nickel and missing piece to the corner rotation

Realism says- Kalil has largely sucked his whole career, Peppers is 37, Mike Adams is 36, Coleman going to back to 2015 form is plausible but shouldn't be counted as a fact. Did anybody care or sweat it when Munnerlyn left a couple years ago? Is he better now or the same or worse?

If we are better based solely off free agency it's still a short term solution just as 2015 was. 

Bottom line is the offseason is still young and we have more questions than answers at this point. I suspect after day 2 of the draft your bipolar tendency will swing back in the favor of being happy. However we need to see results on the field.

Again, Cameron Jerrell Newton, a man with one year of major college football starting experience, will be entering year 7 healthy, rested, and motivated.  The average age of Super Bowl winning QBs is 30 and he's inching closer to greatness.  We are improved for these reasons alone.