Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saca312

Who's Ready To See Some Of This?

21 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Lol. There goes my attempt at creating a hype thread this offseason.

if you dont bring substance, at least bring style.

22 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Lol. There goes my attempt at creating a hype thread this offseason.

Just pessimists being pessimistic.

I agree with you. We have all the pieces in place on D for this year. Yes, some of these guys are long in the tooth, but if they can stay healthy and we add one or two young guys in the draft, we should be very good.

Age will probably require some roster shuffling after 2017, but we can worry about that when the time comes.

Oh, the NFC South sure isn't ready. The Falcons live in la-la land and believe they have the best defense in the NFC South. The Saints are still living in an era that happened decades ago, and the Buccaneers are still holding out hope that this will finally be the year their team breaks out...after years of saying it would.
While these jokes of franchises gloat and mope about 'buh-huh-huh Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire and the Panties hur-hur-hur', the Panthers are silently sharpening their weapons. With an active free agency that still somehow flew under the national media radar, the Panthers are tooling up for one of their best runs yet.
Armed with a defense that's solid in stone, with nearly no holes anywhere. Armed to be the NFC South's juggernaut of power, with one of the league's deadliest front sevens. With a secondary of experience and ball-hawking blood, this defense is about to become something special.
Leading the pack of monsters is the return of Julius Peppers.
198c82680862aeab15f5022d1b0c7c26.jpg
Julius Peppers has not had the weapons that we have on our defense in Green Bay recently, yet he produced 7.5 sacks. Imagine what he could do with Short, Addison, Butler, and Charles Johnson all being threats to rush the passer?
With people getting after the quarterback everywhere, what's not to say Julius Peppers will still shine at the ancient age of 37?
The results include these wonderful things, such as -
A Drew Brees Pancake:
giphy.gif
A Matt Ryan Rag-doll:
58cf2dd5e4c72_giphy(2).gif.8a8ade51cc63dbff62582ab566eb16dc.gif
And Tampa Stew:
giphy.gif
Sure sure, this is the past after all. He's not in his prime anymore, but he's still a physical beast. He'll still be very productive and powerful with our deadly rotation.
For those who still believe the past is in the past and Julius Peppers couldn't possibly achieve such level again, watch what he can still do against Matt Ryan:
giphy.gif.42bd1b8a2dc98c706168eae89501743d.gif
That was just last year. As an OLB. At his age. Putting a guard on wheels. Like he weighed 50 lbs.
Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, and Jameis Winston are currently filling out their retirement forms as we speak.
Welcome home Peppers. Welcome home.
julius-peppers.jpg

I love it baby!!!! I have a great feeling about this year as well! But I'm still skeptical of the secondary! Promising CBs? Not to sure about that! I know bradberry is solid but I'm not so big on Worley! An we can't have these guys covering Julio Jones 2 twice a year among other great WRs in the league! Our Secondary was ranked 29th of 32! Last year!!! So YEAH thats a big deal!!! An major reason we couldn't finish close games! But you're absolutely right, that our front 7 will be disgusting!!!! Kinda like the front 4 we had back in 2003!!! An we still have safety issues I'm not to big in this Adams guy either but will see how he does!

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Lol, the great JP losing a step would still be a very good DE. I'm not sure that he's lost that step. I look forward to seeing him play with Star and KK. I can't remember him playing with DT's as good as they are. This will be very interesting and I wouldn't be the fool that doubts what is coming. Yes, they should fear us.

Me! Wow, the Falcons, Bucs, and Aints have nothing on us. Our D isn't old, we have veteran leaders in key places. We have Short, Lotulelei, Butler, Thompson, Worley, Bradberry, and Boston. All young and quality players. Plus #8 pick in the draft. Pep may be past his prime like Allen was when we picked him up, but remember what happened that year? Don't forget we have the best QB and MLB (that's middle linebacker not Major League Baseball) in football and an upgraded o line. Oh and also one of the best WR in the league will be back to 100%. KB!!! And I haven't heard anything about losing Stewart, please update me. I imagine you are talking about his history of injuries, I hope he doesn't get hurt but with a better o line his excellent blocking isn't needed quite as badly. CAP will be ready, if not we will pick up a FA rb.We should be pumped up as fans. We headed to the Super Bowl, and will crush the Failcons and their young d for 8 regular season quarters, just like the Pats did in the last of the SB. This one is for The Big Cat and TD! (Thomas Davis not touchdown, just to clarify for the negatives on here trying to bring us down) We have lots of reasons to be optimistic. Pepper's said he wanted to come back to make things right. I for one believe him and welcome him back. Great post and pic. Panthers SB 52 Champs, this is a Panthers board, stop being so critical​ of people, everyone isn't a football genius like you think you are. I suggest if you enjoy trolling visit some political forums. Gettleman for President 2020. KEEP POUNDING

You have to temper your expectations with a 37 year old player. I think he'll be productive but not anywhere near the game wrecker people are expecting him to be. 

And if he is, I'll gladly eat my words. 

I'm 41, better, stronger, smarter, and more experienced than ever. Can't do the job all night anymore, but I get the job done better than ever. I'm expecting the same out of Pep on the field. I will say 10 or more sacks for him this year.

THIS JUST IN:  Panthers bring back Brad Hoover on a Vet minimum contract.  Pictured here after an unsuccessful comeback bid with Houston.

hoover.jpg

Jarred Allen and Julius Peppers have nothing in common.  Then, now, ever.

Julius will get at least 8 sacks this year, book it.  How many did JA get with us?

I don't regret us having Allen in 15 but what did he really do?

All this complaining about Peppers age when he had almost as may sacks last year as anyone on the panthers defense that was second in sacks. Players like Peppers have a place in this league and still play at a very high level

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle