Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dex

Josh Jones NC State Safety

59 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

Be one of the top safeties I'd look for us to draft if we don't take a safety in first 2 rounds. 

Not sure he'll make it out of the 2nd 

17 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Want to go ahead and tell us we will draft a DT in the first while you're at it?

No. 

24 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

Folks realize there are a ton of players in this draft and other teams need help at other positions.  He could go as high as round 2 but projected to be more of a Round 3-5 guy.    Not even a top 5 player at his position. 

I think he'll be around by round 3-4 IMO.

The overview that the OP posted is pretty accurate. He struggles in coverage at times but is fantastic in run support. He will lay someone out. Athletic as poo too. Would be a solid option if we don't go Adams at 8. 

I'm a huge State fan and he didn't really stand out in coverage to me when I watched them play, but he does seem to have potential. Would be good to have him as depth and not someone who HAS to start for a year or two, IMO. State has a GREAT run defense and he was definitely part of that.

4 hours ago, jumpman910 said:

If we trade up for him...lol

he seems to have measurables beyond his game ability. that can be a sign of a guy that just needs reps and nfl coaching. still wouldnt take in rd 2. far to many more 'sure things' that early

I love his aggressiveness, but that can be a double-edged sword if he doesn't learn to play more disciplined. I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd round. Any later and it'd be great value.

On 3/20/2017 at 9:49 AM, Dex said:

On 3/20/2017 at 9:38 AM, Catufb85 said:

Be one of the top safeties I'd look for us to draft if we don't take a safety in first 2 rounds. 

I was thinking end of the second to be honest.

According to the link, he graded out better than Obi Melifonwu, who a lot of people were mentioning as our pick at 72. Looks like a good chance that neither make it to 98. I would love a fast, hard hitting SS to train up for a year behind Adams.

he's in the 40's on my Panthers big board. He could definitely get a look if we opt out of Adams, Budda, or Obi...

I like him and John Johnson a lot more than most people are giving them credit for.

Also, here's another chance to point out how deep this draft is at Safety. I'm still on my Donald Payne in the later rounds campaign.