Jeremy Igo

Carolina Panthers biggest weakness as of today....

94 posts in this topic

After last season, you could make an argument that WR is the biggest weakness :(

6 people like this

Wasn't trying be an a hole as much as I was just pointing that the team is pretty well rounded. I just hope the coaches can utilize the strengths of what we have better this season. 

But what can I say, maybe I'm just an a hole anyways.

1 person likes this

I say LT, Wr, DE, SS, RB...I do believe that if we get a good blocking  with receiving ability TE it would help and LT,  WR, RB would maybe fall lower on the list.but still need to be address.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, d-dave said:

Long snapper! (just to be different!)

I think it's really the offensive tackles.  We're putting our trust in a guy who still isn't clear of the concussion protocol and a guy who was basically written off by the team that drafted him.  That's the biggest fear.

This draft is deep in pass rushers, and extremely light in quality tackles.  We can find some pass rush, but good luck on keeping Cam upright if Kalil and Oher stink it up.

The vikings made attempts to retain Kalil. 

That is not writing him off, no matter how you spin it. 

Yes, at this point, it is hope that he regains is probowl form. 

The options at LT were few, and not great. I believe we got the one with the highest ceiling. 

Edited by pantherclaw
1 person likes this

We need a starting DE. 

We do need to find Stew's eventual replacement.

Outsude of that, competition at the TE, WR, & Safety positions.

#1 : OC

#2 :OT (and in general healthy Oline)

#3 : Speed WR (Now that Ginns gone that's huge)

#4 : Dominant young pass rusher

#5: Home run threat young RB who stays healthy

(Nice to have but not glaring weaknesses)

- Another good TE

- Good young SS to pair up with Coleman

- Better CB depth

- More Oline depth

- Cam needs to improve his short throw accuracy and decision making

4 people like this

Did somebody already say Shula?

They did?

Roster? Assholes?

Yea, definitely Shula.

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

Wasn't trying be an a hole as much as I was just pointing that the team is pretty well rounded. I just hope the coaches can utilize the strengths of what we have better this season. 

But what can I say, maybe I'm just an a hole anyways.

I think it's a requirement for membership.

1 person likes this

DE and back up RB followed by TE

1 person likes this

Definitely left tackle,  RT .. and depth and both positions. Almost all of our problems offensively can be contributed to either poor line play or QB play.  I know everyone blames Shula for the offensive woes plus hacking the DNC server,  hiding weapons of mass destruction and ghost writing for Nicki Minaj , but looking at games from the previous year, the difference was in the pass protection.  Once Cam got pressured consistently, his mechanics broke down even more.  Even if Oher comes back I'm worried about the tackle position.  Daryl Williams did not look like a world beater to me. 

SS I'm not to worried about contrary to popular opinion Boston didn't play as bad a people make it out to be.  Between him and Adams I think it could possibly be improved but it's not glaring.

DE I'm not sure about , I mean with basically the same cast we were second in the league in sacks last year.  Peppers in the rotation is either a slight improvement or status quo. 

WR - I'm not sure about as well.  Kind of want to see how the new additions shape uo. 

RB-  Has to be addressed sooner or later.  Fozzy and Cap don't appear to be the answer.  Stewart while fine when healthy is hardly ever healthy.  I'm on the Fournette bandwagon, but I'm open to other choices. 

TE - If we get Howard at 8th, I would be happy tbh.  I'm tired of our proto typical blocking TE who catches an occasional pass, I would love to have a weapon opposite Greg Olsen (who imo isn't used enough). 

1 person likes this