Jeremy Igo

Teddy Williams back to Panthers on 1 year deal.

66 posts in this topic

Same people hating on teddy were the same ones hating on norman couple years ago. Teddy has potential not saying hes going to josh but let the man work.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, juliosantos said:

Same people hating on teddy were the same ones hating on norman couple years ago. Teddy has potential not saying hes going to josh but let the man work.

Did you really just compare Teddy Williams to Josh Norman?

LOL!!!

Williams is 28 years old and has been been with five teams over the course of five NFL seasons. He's a pure special teamer and he isn't even good at that.

Norman was a hot headed youngster who spent some time in the coach's doghouse before proving himself an elite NFL CB.

Edited by LinvilleGorge
1 person likes this

I have to see the contract, before I judge. Anything other than a minimum deal is suspect.

Someone needs to remind Dave that the roster limit is 90. Currently about 78 players are on the roster, with 8 draft picks and 8-10 UDFAs....... You got to cut a few without never see them in a practice environment. Plus it's not good business cutting players soon after you sign them during this time. Dave maybe planning another 3 for 1 trade too, but I hope not.

No, he didn't. He got stopped short and the D stopped them from scoring a TD. Also, maybe the blame should more so be on Nortman for a 28 yard punt causing our gunners to think Norwood was calling a fair catch.
Cotchery's drop (don't care about the horrible replay, he never should have dropped it) cost us 7 with the strip sack for a TD coming 2 plays later. Talib's non-offsides, Tolbert's fumble and Newton's INT cost us as much or more.

Tolbert fumble was turning point

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

5 hours ago, PhillyB said:

he has tremendous upside, he just needs to be coached out of these dumbass mental errors.

Gettleman has said Teddy has the movement skills and speed of a starting corner.

17 hours ago, stbugs said:

No, he didn't. He got stopped short and the D stopped them from scoring a TD. Also, maybe the blame should more so be on Nortman for a 28 yard punt causing our gunners to think Norwood was calling a fair catch.

Cotchery's drop (don't care about the horrible replay, he never should have dropped it) cost us 7 with the strip sack for a TD coming 2 plays later. Talib's non-offsides, Tolbert's fumble and Newton's INT cost us as much or more.

I could not remember for sure of the points but it cost...and he is always costing something just like Remmers..i am just tired of looking at bottom dwellers who consistently mess up while others are not getting opportunities...there has to be someone better than teddy out there that can play special teams with less cost..

On 3/20/2017 at 11:01 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Williams just signed again for a year.

Good move? Seems like his special teams ability may be over hyped.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! 

My favorite part of signing Shepard (and I have a good feeling about him) was that we no longer needed Williams as a gunner opposite Jones. Teddy has about as much reason to be playing Professional football as I do, and I'm out of breath from typing this.

18 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Gettleman has said Teddy has the movement skills and speed of a starting corner in a Canadian Arena League!

Fixed!

1 person likes this