panther4life

2016 losses recap.(Shula haters you have some explaining to do)

84 posts in this topic

Look at the offensive stats for each season Shula been here

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Week 5 bucs first and goal at the 1 he throws the ball.  Shula is a moron.

• st and 10 at TB 20

(0:09 - 2nd) (Shotgun) PENALTY on CAR-M.Remmers, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at TB 20 - No Play.

•  

(0:10 - 2nd) Timeout #3 by TB at 00:10.

• 1st and 15 at TB 25

(0:10 - 2nd) (Shotgun) D.Anderson pass incomplete deep middle to G.Olsen (K.Alexander).

• 2nd and 15 at TB 25

(0:05 - 2nd) G.Gano 43 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Left, Center-J.Jansen, Holder-A.Lee.

I'll chalk this one up to bad memory by you.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, panther4life said:

I've always argued that Blaming Shula is the laziest excuse I have ever seen panther fans make. First 4 responses only strengthen my stance on that. I'm open for debate on the matter, I presented my case in favor of him,someone please show me how I am wrong. 

You're not really "open" for any discussion. Your presentation was made with strong bias and nothing said will change anything. You're only looking for an answer to belittle. You're asking for specific plays knowing good well it is hard for anyone to remember all the specific plays. Point blank, it's obvious when watching games Shula is a big problem and like I said if you don't see it then you aren't paying attention or just refusing to acknowledge it. 

8 people like this

1 minute ago, panther4life said:
  • st and 10 at TB 20

(0:09 - 2nd) (Shotgun) PENALTY on CAR-M.Remmers, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at TB 20 - No Play.

•  

• 1st and 15 at TB 25

(0:10 - 2nd) (Shotgun) D.Anderson pass incomplete deep middle to G.Olsen (K.Alexander).

• 2nd and 15 at TB 25

(0:05 - 2nd) G.Gano 43 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Left, Center-J.Jansen, Holder-A.Lee.

Thanks for making my point

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, panther4life said:
  • st and 10 at TB 20

•  

• 1st and 15 at TB 25

• 2nd and 15 at TB 25

• 1st and Goal at TB 1

(8:45 - 4th) D.Anderson pass short right intended for G.Olsen INTERCEPTED by B.Grimes at TB -5. Touchback.

no clue what you're talking about

8 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:
  • 1st and Goal at TB 1

(8:45 - 4th) D.Anderson pass short right intended for G.Olsen INTERCEPTED by B.Grimes at TB -5. Touchback.

no clue what you're talking about

Thanks for correcting me on that one and providing an actual example. I didn't start this thread to pick a fight. In hindsight the title may look it appear that way. I just can't blame all of our struggles on Shula. I never said he's a genius or anything like that, however I feel he is good enough to take us to the promise land. If others feel differently than you can go ahead and write of 2017 as a blown season.

Looking back, that was the play I mentioned in the OP where I said Anderson had 2 options. Benjamin or Tolbert. He chose wrong and forced it into double coverage.

Edited by panther4life

Compare amount of times Cam audibled in 2015 VS 2016.

There's your answer.

6 people like this

9 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

It's not about what the final score is, it's about how you get to the final score people have complaints about. Throwing the ball on MNF with your backup QB inside the 2? Yea... maybe not such a great idea. How about throwing on the first play of MNF when you've benched your MVP QB? Yea... maybe not such a great idea.

Not saying the players don't deserve their fair share of the blame but with known deficiencies in your roster sometimes you ask yourself why the coaches don't see what is blatantly obvious to the defense.

Again who decided to throw the ball? Shula or Anderson. Who opted for the pass play instead of changing it up as they are trained to do based on the defense?

That is the problem here. When there is an issue, Shula sucks. When the quarterback audibilized as Shula thought them to do, it was in spite of Shula. When they don't, it is Shula's fault again. What is at fault is the logic used to scapegoat him for everything.

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Compare amount of times Cam audibled in 2015 VS 2016.

There's your answer.

If its that simple then why did Cam get away from calling audibles? Or do you not think Cam has enough clout to ask for a coaching change if he believes Shula is holding him back? Gentleman wasn't afraid of parting ways with Steve Smith because he thought he was hindering Cam's development.

Edited by panther4life
1 person likes this