Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saca312

Draft Analyst Ethan Young: S Jamal Adams Not Worth Even A First Rounder?

Smithers    1,638

Maybe the other 31 teams will think he's a 2-3 round guy.  

Smithers    1,638
2 minutes ago, ecu88 said:

Give me Obi-win in the 2nd round after drafting OJ Howard. 

This....id be ecstatic!  

• Pie 1

Give me Obi-win in the 2nd round after drafting OJ Howard. 

I actually wouldn't be mad with those 2 as our first 2 picks. I see Obi going between 26-36 though

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle
  • Pie 1

ecu88    6,976
2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Obi? No way.

The force is not with you ;)

• Pie 4

ecu88    6,976
16 minutes ago, Albion Panthers said:

I actually wouldn't be mad with those 2 as our first 2 picks. I see Obi going between 26-36 though

Me too :(

LinvilleGorge    13,727
19 minutes ago, ecu88 said:

The force is not with you ;)

Sorry, I actually like Obi, I was specifically referring to that Obi > Adams tweet

• Pie 1

KB_fan    12,051

Thanks for posting some of Ethan Young's tweets.  He's an interesting guy to follow.  But I confess a lot of what he analyzes is a bit above my paygrade.  I'm not great at watching film and identifying a player's strengths & weaknesses, at least in isolation...  I can see when a unit is or isn't playing well, but trying to identify the whys is tough for me...

So much still to learn!  Draft season is fun in terms of comparing different analysts' takes on top prospects and trying to see whether I can spot what they're talking about!

With our moves in free agency, safety is less of an urgent need for me so I've not been paying too much attention to the commentary on Jamal Adams..  Still hoping we go either DE or Offensive Skill Player at #8.

• Pie 5

ecu88    6,976
2 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Thanks for posting some of Ethan Young's tweets.  He's an interesting guy to follow.  But I confess a lot of what he analyzes is a bit above my paygrade.  I'm not great at watching film and identifying a player's strengths & weaknesses, at least in isolation...  I can see when a unit is or isn't playing well, but trying to identify the whys is tough for me...

So much still to learn!  Draft season is fun in terms of comparing different analysts' takes on top prospects and trying to see whether I can spot what they're talking about!

With our moves in free agency, safety is less of an urgent need for me so I've not been paying too much attention to the commentary on Jamal Adams..  Still hoping we go either DE or Offensive Skill Player at #8.

I bet we can come up with an amazing stat based analysis for combine measures. I did one for WR. I would have to dig through my rubbage

countryboi    1,777

Jamal Adams leadership skills alone are first rounder worthy. He was the first true freshman team captain in LSU history.

• Pie 4

ecu88    6,976
Just now, countryboi said:

Jamal Adams leadership skills alone are first rounder worthy. He was the first true freshman team captain in LSU history.

Damn I did not know. Fun fact of the day.

• Pie 1

rodeo    13,779

I've only seen video clips but Hooker seems like more of a ball-hawk where Adams seemed more physical. If Adams' physicality is of the Tres Boston style that's just flinging his body and corkscrewing off the runner then I'd rather not. He's been my top choice until now but I'm easily influenced I guess.

• Pie 1

thomas96    12,440

Wouldn't rule out Hooker at 8. Coleman is very very solid and we recently extended him but he's not elite, not even close in his all around game, and is up there in age. Hooker would offer us an elite Earl Thomas like presence in our secondary and a young one on a cheapish contract for 5 years if we grabbed him, so doubt having Coleman would prevent that.

But would certainly bet on a top DE or Fournette over him. But if DG's preferred DEs and Fournette are gone would not be surprised to see Hooker. Think he's a better prospect at a tougher position to find an elite player at than Adams. Though I do like Adams a lot too and would be good with him at 8.

• Pie 1