Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UpstatePanther

How would you feel if we took a kicker in round 6 or 7?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

 

IMG_0037.GIF

It's not gay, if you don't make eye contact.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love it. 5th is where I'd start looking at kickers, even 4th if the draft board shook out in a bad way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


25 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I'd love it. 5th is where I'd start looking at kickers, even 4th if the draft board shook out in a bad way. 

Gostkowski was a 4th by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Gonzalez will be there in the 5th.  He's accurate and has a powerful leg.  Someone will scoop him up no later than the 3rd or 4th round.  He's what Tampa hoped Aguayo was last year.  And with extra points not being such a gimme any more, a reliable kicker like him is worth a mid-round pick (we saw last year how a kicker can win or lose games for you, so their value is legitimate).

Using a 4th on a kicker is borderline for me, but if Gettleman wants him, I think that's where he'll have to take him.  although a lot will depend on who is available.  If all that is available are guys the team projects as depth, then it would be worth taking a reliable power kicker in the 4th (assuming the team is ready to move on from Gano).  Think about how many games we lost by three or less points, and tell me someone that can consistently make FG's from deep wouldn't give us an extra win or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MV%doe said:

Gano hate while not as bad as KB hate, it's still confusing.

Panthers have some of worst ST kickoff coverage units, gano solves that by being one of the best at touch-backs. He's around 75% and over the last three years, plus been in the top three each year.

Gano has a top seven contract, but low guarantees.

Everyone upset at the past season, seem to forgot he had a broken bone in his planet foot starting around week 12- http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article120946838.html

 

what does that have to do with the week 1 loss vs denver? if we had to win just one game i wanted it to be that that game so fuging badly i will never forgive this man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MV%doe said:

Gano hate while not as bad as KB hate, it's still confusing.

Panthers have some of worst ST kickoff coverage units, gano solves that by being one of the best at touch-backs. He's around 75% and over the last three years, plus been in the top three each year.

Gano has a top seven contract, but low guarantees.

Everyone upset at the past season, seem to forgot he had a broken bone in his planet foot starting around week 12- http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article120946838.html

 

Zane Gonzalez touchback % in his two years as Arizona State's starting kicker is 75%.

Next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




I would trust our front office to make that decision.  Personally, if I were to go for a kicker it wouldn't be in the 7th.  I think a better kicker would be in the mid rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MV%doe said:

It's not gay, if you don't make eye contact.........

But mirrors enhance the experience, er....uh...I  mean damn right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, luke nukem said:

I was upset after week 1.

Sure could have used that 43-yarder he missed in Week 5 when we lost to Tampa Bay 17-14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Sure could have used that 43-yarder he missed in Week 5 when we lost to Tampa Bay 17-14.

  We could always wait until next year and get the real prize. ;-)

  Gonzalez might be the best kicker to come out in a long time, but that will change again next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×