UpstatePanther

How would you feel if we took a kicker in round 6 or 7?

50 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, MV%doe said:

He doesn't have too, that's why it's respected in a locker room. 

Golfers don't have to either but Tiger Woods was the best of a generation because he did, with a vengeance.

Kickers are always the last line of defense.  To help the team and to protect their own well being, they should workout.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Nails said:

Golfers don't have to either but Tiger Woods was the best of a generation because he did, with a vengeance.

Kickers are always the last line of defense.  To help the team and to protect their own well being, they should workout.

It's not about the field. It's about sharing pain and sweat in efforts to form a bond amongst pros that have to lift. Comradery my friend.

Edited by MV%doe

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, MV%doe said:

It's not about the field. It's about sharing pain and sweat in efforts to form a bond amongst pros that have to lift. Comradery my friend.

Yeah and Adam Vinatieri was mobbed by his teammates who respected him greatly after beating us in the Super Bowl.  They then let him go for a rookie from Memphis named Stephen Gostkowski.  

We either want to be great or we don't.  Here's hoping it's the former.

Edited by Nails

8 minutes ago, MV%doe said:

IMG_0037.GIF

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

IMG_0037.GIF

It's not gay, if you don't make eye contact.........

1 person likes this

I'd love it. 5th is where I'd start looking at kickers, even 4th if the draft board shook out in a bad way. 

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I'd love it. 5th is where I'd start looking at kickers, even 4th if the draft board shook out in a bad way. 

Gostkowski was a 4th by the way.

I don't think Gonzalez will be there in the 5th.  He's accurate and has a powerful leg.  Someone will scoop him up no later than the 3rd or 4th round.  He's what Tampa hoped Aguayo was last year.  And with extra points not being such a gimme any more, a reliable kicker like him is worth a mid-round pick (we saw last year how a kicker can win or lose games for you, so their value is legitimate).

Using a 4th on a kicker is borderline for me, but if Gettleman wants him, I think that's where he'll have to take him.  although a lot will depend on who is available.  If all that is available are guys the team projects as depth, then it would be worth taking a reliable power kicker in the 4th (assuming the team is ready to move on from Gano).  Think about how many games we lost by three or less points, and tell me someone that can consistently make FG's from deep wouldn't give us an extra win or two.

5 people like this

4 hours ago, MV%doe said:

Gano hate while not as bad as KB hate, it's still confusing.

Panthers have some of worst ST kickoff coverage units, gano solves that by being one of the best at touch-backs. He's around 75% and over the last three years, plus been in the top three each year.

Gano has a top seven contract, but low guarantees.

Everyone upset at the past season, seem to forgot he had a broken bone in his planet foot starting around week 12- http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article120946838.html

what does that have to do with the week 1 loss vs denver? if we had to win just one game i wanted it to be that that game so fuging badly i will never forgive this man