Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UpstatePanther

How would you feel if we took a kicker in round 6 or 7?

If they were good I'd be fine with it. I've been thinking something like a kicker or guard depth/future center might pop up in this draft

Really? We (in this thread) are fretting over a kicker?  I understand Gano lost games last year. He's still a good kicker. 

TBH, I don't count last year against anybody, it was fycked year from 50 and on...

not saying we won't look at kickers, just don't think a draft pick is worth one.

A kicker is possibly the difference between 6-10 and 9-7 or 10-6 last year so yea I'm down to pull the trigger on one in the later rounds. I like Gano but it's bad when you are literally more anxious for a makable FG than you are if they decide to go for it on 4th and short....

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

3 hours ago, ThPantherFan said:

I would trust our front office to make that decision.  Personally, if I were to go for a kicker it wouldn't be in the 7th.  I think a better kicker would be in the mid rounds.

ah here's the reason i posted this topic. i had no idea how valuable kickers are with respect to the draft. my gut told me a team wouldnt spend a 4th rounder on a kicker, but i suppose if he's a good enough kicker then a 4th might be worth it. im curious if anyone thinks there'd ever be a kicker worth more than a 4th rounder

47 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

ah here's the reason i posted this topic. i had no idea how valuable kickers are with respect to the draft. my gut told me a team wouldnt spend a 4th rounder on a kicker, but i suppose if he's a good enough kicker then a 4th might be worth it. im curious if anyone thinks there'd ever be a kicker worth more than a 4th rounder

I hate to put it this way, but in the 2000 NFL Draft, the Raiders picked kicker Sebastian Janikowski/FSU with the 17th overall selection.

With the 23rd overall selection, the Panthers picked CB Rashard Anderson/Jackson State.

Who made the better pick?

I think that pick has paid off in spades for the Raiders over the last 17 years.  But, on the other hand, taking a kicker that high is one helluva risk... a risk that paid off for the Raiders.

18 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

what does that have to do with the week 1 loss vs denver? if we had to win just one game i wanted it to be that that game so fuging badly i will never forgive this man

17 hours ago, luke nukem said:

I was upset after week 1.

I was pissed too. He did not have a good year. Same can be said for every panther not named norwell, Davis, Olsen, and star. Not going to waive 49 players either.

31 minutes ago, MV%doe said:

I was pissed too. He did not have a good year. Same can be said for every panther not named norwell, Davis, Olsen, and star. Not going to waive 49 players either.

yeah but if your asking me to spend a 5th on a kicker who can actually kick it I'm all for it. its better than drafting someone like zack friggin sanchez.

8 minutes ago, luke nukem said:

yeah but if your asking me to spend a 5th on a kicker who can actually kick it I'm all for it. its better than drafting someone like zack friggin sanchez.

Youre asking the wrong person about using a draft pick on a special teamer. I'm mainly against it, takes a rare player to make a exception. I believe most of the long snappers, kickers and punters where undrafted, not 100% sure.

I do agree if there is a true upgrade in the 5th, take him. I just member the mare/Medlock era and while gano struggled it can be worse.

3 hours ago, MV%doe said:

you're joking, right?

9 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Aguayo may be available soon xD

No more Florida State kickers.  Ever.