Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nctarheel0619

Draft Express has us taking Miles Bridges at 11.

Considering this team will continue scrapping for the 8th SWEEP might have to temper that expectation. Miles is projected between 8-11.

But I do like his game, would be grand to replace him with MKG in the starting rotation.

So this may be the homer inside me talking, and I have no idea where he is mocked, but Sindarius Thornwell has played out of his mind this year and is drawing comparisons to Kawhi Leonard. Great defender, rebounds, and can score from anywhere. Has there been any talk about him much?

1 hour ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

So this may be the homer inside me talking, and I have no idea where he is mocked, but Sindarius Thornwell has played out of his mind this year and is drawing comparisons to Kawhi Leonard. Great defender, rebounds, and can score from anywhere. Has there been any talk about him much?

Zero, he's too small for that comparison.  Kawhi is 6'7-6'8.  This guy is barely 6'5.  Thornwell would be a late second rounder if he left this year, if that.  

1 hour ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Zero, he's too small for that comparison.  Kawhi is 6'7-6'8.  This guy is barely 6'5.  Thornwell would be a late second rounder if he left this year, if that.  

Okay so not at 11, but are you really stating that 2 inches drops a guy to the bottom of the second round?

1 minute ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Okay so not at 11, but are you really stating that 2 inches drops a guy to the bottom of the second round?

In the NBA it makes a massive difference.  It's the difference between being a SG, and a SF.  It's the difference between being able to play two positions, and being able to play one (center & PF).  

On 3/22/2017 at 4:57 PM, rico6 said:

Considering this team will continue scrapping for the 8th SWEEP might have to temper that expectation. Miles is projected between 8-11.

But I do like his game, would be grand to replace him with MKG in the starting rotation.

Did we get swept as the 8 seed last year

9 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Did we get swept as the 8 seed last year

We weren't 8th seed last year 

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Exactly

I get it now. Thank you, Carl.

17 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Holy s hit at this exchange.  

I've never been so enlightened, man. 

Thank you #basedspeckler

Hornets passed on Bradley Beal, passed on Devin booker, this year we will pass on Malik Monk ....

god I really, really try to stay unbiased with my disdain for Frank de Tank (and seriously I hope he becomes a great NBA player because lord knows we need it) but we passed on Devin Booker when the league was moving to a style were shooters were golden. 

I understand the MKG over Beal pick, but there really is no excuse for drafting Frank over Booker- at least if Booker fails you went down swinging for the fences. 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    bigswingingblackroots