Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Proudiddy

Acquiring Plumlee Should Be a Fireable Offense

22 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Zaximus said:

I don't even hate the Morrison pick.   It didn't work out, but let's be honest, they had no choice but to take him.   He dominated college and like others said, at worst I saw him being a good 6th man to come in and score.   I don't think anyone would have guessed he would have been that terrible.   And at least that pick didn't crush the cap.     I think we made way worse draft picks than Morrison, like DJ over Brooks, etc.

The Plumlee trade definitely is probably a top-3 screw up by this team.  

This team is just cursed.   The bad choices, the bad picks.   The terrible luck (Pelicans cheating and stealing the Brow from us lol), Morrison being so bad, Tyrus Thomas just disappearing (dude was a beast the year before),  Stephenson being so bad (never thought it would be THAT bad).    This team just has no chance.  Jordan should be sell, fate hates him.     I think the universe is like, "you won 6 titles and are the best NBA player ever, that's ENOUGH" and won't let him have a good team.  

I honestly think the Hornets are in the worse position possible.  Sounds weird but fringe of the playoffs (outside looking in) is the worst.  You just stay mediocre.

1 person likes this

Morrison wasnt the same after the acl tear

It's getting to the point where I'm just not going to like the team anymore. I mostly only root for them due to their connection to the Panthers anyways. There is no way Rich Cho should still have a job. He should have been fired last year or the year before that. If he isn't fired this offseason I'm done. He's not done a single good thing for the franchise the entire time he'd been there. I'm not giving him Kemba Walker either because he was hired one week before the draft so there's no way he could have had that much input on the draft process. 

Michael Kidd Gilchrist, Cody Zeller, PJ Hairston, Noah Vonleh, and Frank Kaminsky is a draft history that should get anyone fired. He's already fuged up the franchise for at least the next 5 years so they might as well get someone else to come in and build a new team under their vision. 

1 person likes this

Plumlee came up big tonight against the Celtics with 0 points, 1 rebound, 1 turnover, and 1 personal foul in 11 minutes of play.  And that performance only costed the Hornets $152,439.02.

2 people like this

Whoever made the Plumlee decision (I never really know what Cho is responsible for because Jordan...), I just want to know what made them think, "this is the move we should make!"

I hear the BS, "Plumlee is an athletic big like Zeller, and will fill that role," but he isn't even close to Zeller in ability, and so far his athleticism isn't nearly as observable as Zellers.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

On 4/6/2017 at 2:38 PM, OldNorthPowell said:

If it doesn't get him fired then fans should show the franchise how we feel. Settling for mediocre teams and bad team management should not be tolerated by the fans. Marvin who (love my Tar Heels but a bad signing)? Roy who? Marco "the Roman Emperor" Belinelli....hero? MKG..........clank. Batum and Kemba were out there playing 2 on 5 most of the year. Cho is a terrible GM, and has no idea how to spot talent. I do not blame Steve Clifford simply because nobody could coach this team to above an 8 seed at best.

Cho is a piece of $hit and MJ will still ride with him for another year. Probably another two or three. 

Jordan just needs to stay the fug away from whoever the GM is. The problem is he can't, he's too competitive and thinks he's always right. 

Posted (edited)

I'm willing to wait and see on Plumlee. Give him the offseason to get in shape and become used to the system Clifford runs. Of course I'm willing to wait and see because the 3 years and $37.5 million remaining on his deal says I have no choice haha

Edited by AppHeel
2 people like this

O'Bryant and Wood (2 d-leaguers) are both better than Plumlee, who has three years left at $12.5 million (more than Kemba). It really is unforgivable, and I'm a pretty reasonable fan.

1 person likes this

In his defense, Plumlee's deal was one in the first wave of mega deals across NBA. Will be really interesting to see how it stacks up with other guys once they hit free agency. Ironically, Plumlee's deal could come across as very attractive and team friendly after next season

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Topics

• I am as big of a Cam fan as there is, but no he's not perfect. BUT, I will say, in his defense, a good deal of his shortcomings are due in part to offensive scheme and design.  You brought up Brady, whose offense is designed around getting the ball out quick and with timing and letting the receivers make plays.  The biggest complaint on this board since Chud left has been the lack of quick hitting, easy completions created by short, quick routes.  And while I see a lot of articles now about how Cam lacks accuracy on short and intermediate routes, and has ranked as the league worst, at least in 2016, he didn't struggle with such issues under Chud.  Our screens were a lot crisper for one and the routes were more varied and creative.  Furthermore, the last two or three seasons' decline in short and intermediate accuracy coincides with having a receiving corps among the leagues worst in getting separation.  Now, we draft two guys that are quick, fast and can get open in a hurry and overhauled the receiving corps with Shepard and Johnson as well.  I think people are going to see the accuracy problem was more due to scheme and personnel than it was Cam.  If healthy, he's going to have a ridiculous year.