Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Acquiring Plumlee Should Be a Fireable Offense

themikestrick    237

Plumlee came up big tonight against the Celtics with 0 points, 1 rebound, 1 turnover, and 1 personal foul in 11 minutes of play.  And that performance only costed the Hornets $152,439.02.

Wundrbread33    1,625

Whoever made the Plumlee decision (I never really know what Cho is responsible for because Jordan...), I just want to know what made them think, "this is the move we should make!"

I hear the BS, "Plumlee is an athletic big like Zeller, and will fill that role," but he isn't even close to Zeller in ability, and so far his athleticism isn't nearly as observable as Zellers.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Guest Rich Cho is $hit   
Guest Rich Cho is $hit
On 4/6/2017 at 2:38 PM, OldNorthPowell said:

If it doesn't get him fired then fans should show the franchise how we feel. Settling for mediocre teams and bad team management should not be tolerated by the fans. Marvin who (love my Tar Heels but a bad signing)? Roy who? Marco "the Roman Emperor" Belinelli....hero? MKG..........clank. Batum and Kemba were out there playing 2 on 5 most of the year. Cho is a terrible GM, and has no idea how to spot talent. I do not blame Steve Clifford simply because nobody could coach this team to above an 8 seed at best.

Cho is a piece of $hit and MJ will still ride with him for another year. Probably another two or three. 

SOJA    5,411

Jordan just needs to stay the fug away from whoever the GM is. The problem is he can't, he's too competitive and thinks he's always right. 

AppHeel    228

I'm willing to wait and see on Plumlee. Give him the offseason to get in shape and become used to the system Clifford runs. Of course I'm willing to wait and see because the 3 years and $37.5 million remaining on his deal says I have no choice haha

Omega Atrocity    1,340

O'Bryant and Wood (2 d-leaguers) are both better than Plumlee, who has three years left at $12.5 million (more than Kemba). It really is unforgivable, and I'm a pretty reasonable fan.

AppHeel    228

In his defense, Plumlee's deal was one in the first wave of mega deals across NBA. Will be really interesting to see how it stacks up with other guys once they hit free agency. Ironically, Plumlee's deal could come across as very attractive and team friendly after next season

Omega Atrocity    1,340
1 hour ago, AppHeel said:

In his defense, Plumlee's deal was one in the first wave of mega deals across NBA. Will be really interesting to see how it stacks up with other guys once they hit free agency. Ironically, Plumlee's deal could come across as very attractive and team friendly after next season

That's fair on paper, but in reality Mason Plumlee is a 15th man level NBA player, he shouldn't even see the court.

Proudiddy    9,637
On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 11:24 AM, AppHeel said:

These deals are only attractive when the player being paid them can actually contribute, which Plumlee can't.  Plumlee is HORRIBLE.  Nothing he does or could offer to a team comes anywhere near justifying what he is due to make and we gave up two much more attractive deals that were close to expiring for him, lol.  It likely is the worst personnel move in franchise history, by FAR.

themikestrick    237

"The Charlotte Hornets announced today that center Miles Plumlee underwent a successful arthroscopic debridement on his right knee.  Typical recovery time for Plumlee’s procedure is approximately six to eight weeks.

The 6-11 center was acquired by Charlotte via trade on Feb. 2, 2017. He appeared in 13 games with the Hornets during the 2016-17 season, averaging 2.4 points on .583 shooting from the field and 3.2 rebounds in 13.4 minutes per contest. The Duke product holds career averages of 5.1 points, 4.7 rebounds and 0.8 blocks in 16.7 minutes per game over the course of 273 games (including 133 starts) over the course of five NBA seasons with Indiana, Phoenix, Milwaukee and Charlotte."

http://www.nba.com/hornets/hornets-injury-update-5/2/17

So this is the reason he played like poo for us.  I look forward to the extra 2.7 ppg and 1.5 rebounds per game next season that he's averaged over his career compared to what he averaged for us this season.  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    TD_MURPH