Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hawthornes Pizza: most overated Charlotte Restaurant

23 posts in this topic

Posted

There's a new luigi's that just opened up next to the HT in dilworth. It's my new pizza joint.

Posted

cool....I'll take a large with sausage, peppers, garlic and a couple of $5 bills. Anyone who will pay $20 for a pizzza has one of two things....too much money or not enough brains.
10 bucks for a large pizza? I don't live in 1984.

Posted

Their white pizza is pretty good. Also, the meatball and the chicken parm subs are great. I'd also like to know where you get a large pizza for $10 and not fast food pizza. Papa johns, pizza hut, domino's etc....

Posted

I love Hawthornes Pizza, I live close to the one in Mint Hill. It has excellent pizza and a good atmosphere if you eat in.

yeah i love that place i dont know what yall are talking about with the small portions. i live on lawyers rd right down the street from that same one always been great. We used to go to mamas over there by lowe's foods. GET THE STROMBOLI not the calzone

Posted

The correct answer for Most Overrated Restaurant in Charlotte is The Open Kitchen on W. Morehead. It's been in business like 60 years, and that shit is beyond nasty.

Posted

Yeah, that's right beside the chick's office...no one there likes it. But a good place that is right there for lunch style sammiches is some cafe/catering biz that I just forgot the name of...

Posted

While you can say this or that place's pizza isn't good, I've found many times that the local pizza places that have higher priced pizzas also are serving larger pizzas than the chains too.

Posted

yeah i love that place i dont know what yall are talking about with the small portions. i live on lawyers rd right down the street from that same one always been great. We used to go to mamas over there by lowe's foods. GET THE STROMBOLI not the calzone

You, Cat, and me live near each other. I live right off Lawyers Rd and I love that pizza place. I'm there twice a week during a hockey season. Great food and great customer service!!!

Posted

10 bucks for a large pizza? I don't live in 1984.

I can get two large plain pizzas for $13 at my local...it'll kick the poo out of your yuppie $20 pie (and it's made by actual Eye-talians in a real pizza oven).

Posted

I can get two large plain pizzas for $13 at my local...it'll kick the poo out of your yuppie $20 pie (and it's made by actual Eye-talians in a real pizza oven).

Where is that?? Freaking pizza is expensive.

Another crappy pizza is Fuel. Tastes like cardboard. Id rather have dominos.

There is a local pizza joint that i like. Its The Pizza Peel. They always have a kick ass beer selection too. Havent had enough pizza to truly judge, but i like the place. Nice atmosphere.

Posted

Where is that?? Freaking pizza is expensive.

I'm in PA, we have alot of good pizza places here. I have probably 6 local shops within a mile from me and maybe 4 more if I expand that out to 3 or 4 miles.