22 replies to this topic

#16 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:36 AM

I love Hawthornes Pizza, I live close to the one in Mint Hill. It has excellent pizza and a good atmosphere if you eat in.

yeah i love that place i dont know what yall are talking about with the small portions. i live on lawyers rd right down the street from that same one always been great. We used to go to mamas over there by lowe's foods. GET THE STROMBOLI not the calzone

#17 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:46 AM

The correct answer for Most Overrated Restaurant in Charlotte is The Open Kitchen on W. Morehead. It's been in business like 60 years, and that shit is beyond nasty.

#18 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:49 AM

Yeah, that's right beside the chick's office...no one there likes it. But a good place that is right there for lunch style sammiches is some cafe/catering biz that I just forgot the name of...

#19 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

While you can say this or that place's pizza isn't good, I've found many times that the local pizza places that have higher priced pizzas also are serving larger pizzas than the chains too.

#20 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,273 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:40 PM

yeah i love that place i dont know what yall are talking about with the small portions. i live on lawyers rd right down the street from that same one always been great. We used to go to mamas over there by lowe's foods. GET THE STROMBOLI not the calzone

You, Cat, and me live near each other. I live right off Lawyers Rd and I love that pizza place. I'm there twice a week during a hockey season. Great food and great customer service!!!

#21 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:33 AM

10 bucks for a large pizza? I don't live in 1984.

I can get two large plain pizzas for $13 at my local...it'll kick the poo out of your yuppie $20 pie (and it's made by actual Eye-talians in a real pizza oven).

#22 TheSaint

TheSaint

Lengthy Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:52 AM

I can get two large plain pizzas for $13 at my local...it'll kick the poo out of your yuppie $20 pie (and it's made by actual Eye-talians in a real pizza oven).

Where is that?? Freaking pizza is expensive.

Another crappy pizza is Fuel. Tastes like cardboard. Id rather have dominos.

There is a local pizza joint that i like. Its The Pizza Peel. They always have a kick ass beer selection too. Havent had enough pizza to truly judge, but i like the place. Nice atmosphere.

#23 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:59 PM

Where is that?? Freaking pizza is expensive.

I'm in PA, we have alot of good pizza places here. I have probably 6 local shops within a mile from me and maybe 4 more if I expand that out to 3 or 4 miles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com