Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Gives Way to Blue...

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

AiC's new album just dropped yesterday... picked it up today... very good IMO...

Yes I miss Layne too, but at least it's something and not more of the new repeat-o-crap that's out there now...

1042d1250117311-alice-in-chains-unveils-album-cover-aliceinchainscd.jpg

Posted · Report post

Thanks for reminding me....

Done.

Posted · Report post

I should be getting this today, interested to check out all the tracks

Posted · Report post

It's not 100% great, but there's several tracks that are really fantastic...

#1, #2, #4, #5, and #7 are particularly good... the last half seems slower, more like 'Jar of Flies' than the first half.

Cantrell does a lot of singing on the slower tunes and he has solo writing credits on all the songs but like 2.

Edit: I just listened to the title track, (last one on the disc) really close... it's good too.. Elton John does the piano on it... obviously a tribute to Layne.

Posted · Report post

From what I've heard of it, it is a great album. Of course it's not the same as when they had Layne, but I don't think that is a fair expectation. As my friend Zcustom has pointed out before, Layne and Jerry had a one of a kind harmony that you just can't reproduce. Thats not to say what Wiliam and Jerry have isn't good, it is, but it's very much different.

I think this album is a fitting tribute to Layne and I believe he would be proud.

Posted · Report post

I think it's excellent. There were a few tracks that I didn't care for, but after multiple listens I dig the entire thing. Easily one of the best albums I've heard in a while.

Posted · Report post

I think it's excellent. There were a few tracks that I didn't care for, but after multiple listens I dig the entire thing. Easily one of the best albums I've heard in a while.

I listened to it all the way to Raleigh this afternoon... I really like it... track one is just bad ass, really, really good.

The last track, the title track is fantastic too, just way too short, only 3 minutes.

Posted · Report post

I need to check this one out.

Posted · Report post

The first track is cool, it's a 7/8 time signature I think (only heard it once so far).

Gonna finish checking them all out tonight

Posted · Report post

The first track is cool, it's a 7/8 time signature I think (only heard it once so far).

Gonna finish checking them all out tonight

I was just listening to it when I ran out to get some breakfast... it is definitely syncopated and has lots of minor chords... and it's badass...

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments