Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Remakes, remakes...everywhere

36 posts in this topic

Classics from the 80's, Movie Studios today are all pussies they will never be able to duplicate the gritty violent & dark nature of those movies, Verhoven's Robocop and Total Recall are dark works of art that cannont be duplicated with modern CGI which will be grossly over used.

Remakes consist of "Teen Friendly" actors/actresses, over-used CGI, and family friendly & what i mean by that is take the bad news bears remake the orignial had them drinking beer in the back seat of the car and in the remake it was Pepsi...... Uchhhhhk :ack2::ack2::ack2:

Like trying to make Footloose with Zac Efron? :sosp:

If they're going to remake "Plan 9 From Outer Space" and play it straight, then I'm sure at some point they'll probably decide to remake "Showgirls" too (we can get it right this time). And of course, with all the Scientology adherents out there, I have to wonder if someone will get the bright idea to try to reboot "Battlefield Earth".

And hey, you just know somebody out there is probably saying to themselves, "With all the technology we have now, think how cool a remake of 'Jaws' could look."

(if that happens, I might take a plane out to California and set fire to the 'Hollywood' sign)

Dune needs to be remade. The original was a convoluted mess.

10 won't be the same today. They should reverse the roles....cougars are all the rage now.

And hey, you just know somebody out there is probably saying to themselves, "With all the technology we have now, think how cool a remake of 'Jaws' could look."

(if that happens, I might take a plane out to California and set fire to the 'Hollywood' sign)

It would look like Deep Blue sea.

Its only a few hour drive for me I'll save ya trip and do it myself

I don't get it. How do you have a prequel when the whole story of how it began took place within the movie? :confused:

IDk..lol..but the guy died in the end so i dont think they do a sequel

Warner Brothers has officially confirmed today that a prequel to I Am Legend is currently in development. We first mentioned this back in July, when director Francis Lawrence confirmed that they've been working on ideas for a prequel.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/09/24/i-am-legend-prequel-officially-greenlit-at-warner-brothers/

Movies that might be great remakes....

The Thing

Alien

Outland

91/2 Weeks

When's that "Titanic" sequel due out?

How do you remake Videodrome???

An American Werewolf in London....Bad idea. they will make it a horror movie and its a comedy at heart

Angel Heart...I love the first movie. another bad idea

Arthur.....who could ever do a better job than Liza? j/k :D

Bride of Frankenstein...Mr.Scott they already did Frankenstein w/ De Niro as the Monster, I know it was very forgettable.

Conan the Barbarian....better idea to just do a third with Dewayne Johnson

Escape from New York....I'd rather have the middle story Escape from Cleveland which was mentioned a couple times in Escape from LA

The Rocky Horror Picture Show....you can never ever make a movie with a more perfect cast or any more campy than the original, so why even try?

I think Predator has some potential....It was definetely badass back in the day w/ Arnold.

Here are two movies that MUST BE redone.....Roadhouse and Commando

The first time that I ever saw Roadhouse, I really could not believe it. A bouncer w/ a PHD in freakin philosophy takes over the bar scene in a seedy bar in the middle of nowhere. I mean, if they come out with some bad movies now, this one would be a classic!!! The only way to make it a classic is to have someone with fighting skills of Kimbo Slice and the dancing and grace of Michael Jackson.

Commando is another one. I don't understand if they were just trying to make the movie serious or just really cheesy. I believe that the Rock would be perfect for that role!!!

Share your opinions, I would like to know.....