Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Remakes, remakes...everywhere

36 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Trailer for the new "Nightmare on Elm Street" can be seen here: (link)

Comes from "Transformers" chief Michael Bay, who seems to really like remaking old horror movies.

He's produced the new versions of:

- Friday the 13th

- The Hitcher

- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

- Parts: The Clonus Horror (The Island)

- The Amityville Horror

Definitely a different overall look from the original. Opinions?

I dont like movies like that because theres no real story to them.You know in the end everyone dies and no matter what the villain cant die.so whats the point

Posted · Report post

I dont like movies like that because theres no real story to them.You know in the end everyone dies and no matter what the villain cant die.so whats the point

Getting laid

Posted · Report post

On the comic book movie front, a Ghost Rider sequel (hopefully darker than the first, "Ghost Rider" shouldn't be funny) and a "reboot" of Daredevil (minus Ben Affleck, I'm guessing).

Posted · Report post

Another Sin city..is coming out..people seem to love that movie but i never got into it.

Posted · Report post

The appeal of Sin City to guys is fairly easy to figure guys (sex, violence, the basics) :lol:

Some cool trailers here by the way:

- The Book of Eli (link)

Looks pretty cool

- Soloman Kane (link)

From the old comic book

- Antichrist (link)

Weeeeird, creepy looking stuff

- Black Dynamite (link)

Harkens back to the old blaxploitation movies

- Transylmania (link)

Could be pretty funny, or might be stupid.

- Trick 'r Treat (link)

On DVD; looks like a cool horror anthology; haven't seen one of those for a while

Posted · Report post

Apparently Rob Zombie is the guy remaking "the Blob" so you could already assume it's going to be crap. but then I read he wants to make the movie without a "red, blobby thing". So what the heck is The Blob supposed to be then

Zombie is good,

House of 1000 corpses was interesting until the end

Devils Rejects was solid

I thought the Halloween remake was good, I like some of his directing and filming style its reminiscent of old style horror movies, IMO if anyone else remade Halloween it would have came off truly hacky

Posted · Report post

I think a remake of 'They Live' could be great.

They can make that super creepy now-a-days.

Posted · Report post

I think a remake of 'They Live' could be great.

Blasphemy!!!

Posted · Report post

Updated: How about these ideas?

A reboot of "Predator". No Arnold. Instead we get Adrien Brody and Topher Grace? :sosp:

A new National Lampoon "Vacation" concentrating on son Rusty, now grown up and with a family of his own.

A new "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" with no relation to the original or the TV version.

A remake of "The Crow".

And, believe it or not, an attempt to redo "The Ten Commandments" in the vein of "300" (What?!) :mad:

(seriously, that movie is one of the best all time; it should not be touched)

Posted · Report post

Remake the Crow?? Oh, now it's on bitches... :rant:

Posted · Report post

I know it's about making money, but at some point the guys with the power to green light films have got to take a step back and think 'Y'know this film is a classic, let's not remake it.'

Stuff like Predator and True Grit shouldn't be touched. A sequel to Wall Street is pretty pathetic too. Indiana Jones 4 was poo, why make a fifth one? Which links me to Shia LeWhatever - what the fug is Hollywood's fascination with him? He's mediocre beyond belief.

Posted · Report post

And they just keep coming...

Word now that they're gonna remake "Sharky's machine" with Mark Wahlberg in the place of Burt Reynolds.