Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

firefox1234

Why Aren’t There More Black Republicans?

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, ecu88 said:

Those damn pole lights tick me off and should be outlawed! I ran two in a row in a back to back light when I drove up there the first time. 

They were deemed not rad in San Diego North County and all of 'em removed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jayflip said:

They were deemed not rad in San Diego North County and all of 'em removed.  

DC behind the times and downtown New Bern as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


55 minutes ago, panther4life said:

Money knows no color. If you are rich you can get away with crimes others can't. The justice system says innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. 

People with money, regardless of race can find a good lawyer to create strong reasonable doubt for you. People without money can't unless they get lucky.

The whole system in the U.S is rigged to favor people with money over their race. You pick a rich white person who you think is a racist or a rich black person who you think is racist towards white people. Give them a choice of a bum on the street the same race as them to have dinner with their family or an affluent person of the opposite race and you know who they will choose.

 

 

Im well aware money has no bias "all hail the free market" but it is used in a biased system or is it a coincidence the prison population is primarily minorities? The fact is currently minorities especially African Americans are more likely to be poor in this country hence me saying me saying the justice system showing a bias towards African Americans because they tend to be on the short end of the stick when it comes to the free market. Also i mentioned earlier in this thread that I come from a diverse area so I know money shows no ethnic/racial prejudice in the US...but to deny that the justice system disfavors minorities and African Americans in particular is denying reality....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, firefox1234 said:

Im well aware money has no bias "all hail the free market" but it is used in a biased system or is it a coincidence the prison population is primarily minorities? The fact is currently minorities especially African Americans are more likely to be poor in this country hence me saying me saying the justice system showing a bias towards African Americans because they tend to be on the short end of the stick when it comes to the free market. Also i mentioned earlier in this thread that I come from a diverse area so I know money shows no ethnic/racial prejudice in the US...but to deny that the justice system disfavors minorities and African Americans in particular is denying reality....

We actually agree then. I think it is rigged against minorities when speaking in general terms. That just so happens to coincide with the big picture of money protecting anyone regardless of race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, panther4life said:

We actually agree then. I think it is rigged against minorities when speaking in general terms. That just so happens to coincide with the big picture of money protecting anyone regardless of race.

Great to hear! This issue really bothers me because African American police officers have just as much of a "lock em up" attitude as white cops so it's more than just about race in my opinion but something about an ideology that lacks empathy.

Btw I'm no type saying murders and rapists deserve pardons and what not but many young non affluent young and primarily minority men's lives can/are ruined at a young age when they committed a stupid crime when they were young and stupid. With the record already smearing there name the system does little to help less affluent young men who were just "young and stupid" but has a different attitude to rich kids who did the same....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




3 hours ago, panther4life said:

Money knows no color. If you are rich you can get away with crimes others can't. The justice system says innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. 

People with money, regardless of race can find a good lawyer to create strong reasonable doubt for you. People without money can't unless they get lucky.

The whole system in the U.S is rigged to favor people with money over their race. You pick a rich white person who you think is a racist or a rich black person who you think is racist towards white people. Give them a choice of a bum on the street the same race as them to have dinner with their family or an affluent person of the opposite race and you know who they will choose.

 

 

This is an oversimplification and money is only part of the issue, not the whole of it.

Not necessarily disagreeing with the sentiment but there are other factors besides just means that creates a biased system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ole AG Sessions is ready to revive the war on drugs because he's dumb as poo. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39623671?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

"Between 1980 and 2015, the number of people in prison for drug offences increased more than 10-fold, from 40,900 to 469,545, and the average sentence more than tripled, according to data compiled by the Sentencing Project. The majority of them were low-level offenders with no criminal record.

The idea was to disrupt street gangs, Mr Longo said, but while the approach "might have destabilised the market for a minute, it didn't have any long term, sustainable effect".

A 2013 study published in the British Medical Journal found that since 1990 US drug prices nationwide had fallen while purity increased. And a 2012 study by the University of Florida found that the threat of severe punishment was "generally weak and insignificant" at deterring drug crime or lowering addiction rates."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×