Captain Morgan

Gettlemen presser thread

110 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

very concerning to me....I've also been concerned about the TE's and S's since you pointed out that our meetings have been with the elites and the later rounders.

Not so sure why you'd be worried about Safeties.  DG keeps talking about what great class this is for DBs.  So, that includes safeties.  He did not specifically say CB or cahnah, he was talking DBs.  So.... S could definitely be a priority.

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Question for you all.  When Dave was talking about DEs fairly early on, he started to talk about the smaller 3-4 type guys.  But it wasn't clear to me that he finished his thought.

Did any of you follow what he might be alluding too there?  I know some folks have questioned whether Barnett fits us.  Could Dave be hinting that a guy like Barnett is on our board?

Absolutely.  Some questioned whether Barnett could anchor in a 4-3.  Not only does he have experience in a 4-3 (moreso than Thomas), but they clearly saw drills that had them pleased enough at what they saw than he can anchor.  2nd to none as a pass rusher which again GMan said you can't win without.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Fournette is the pick if there and I'm certainly fine with that, but too much evidence and common sense linking the Panthers and Barnett to ignore, and I'd be equally ecstatic.

1 person likes this

I didn't anything from it saying we would take Barnett. I got that DE is loaded and they can find someone later.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

4 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

I didn't anything from it saying we would take Barnett. I got that DE is loaded and they can find someone later.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

When there's no drop off from Garrett/Thomas according to GMan, who else is he referring to?  

surprised dave answered questions about fournette and mccaffrey.

only read i got from him was near the end when asked about trading down. he definitely has had phone calls and i am sure they are considering it.

i wonder if adams falls and they can grab him at 10-12.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Nails said:

When there's no drop off from Garrett/Thomas according to GMan, who else is he referring to?  

he discussed the 250lb 34olbs who could anchor in a 43. think he's referring to takk mckinley who they seem high on.

Edited by bobsfoodbasics
2 people like this

i love when football people speak. love him or hate him, DG is a football guy. he lives and breaths football.

my favorite part was him saying he watched 11 games of KK before offering him the contract.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

he discussed the 250lb 34olbs who could anchor in a 43. think he's referring to takk mckinley who they seem high on.

So they (or anyone) likes Takk better than Barnett?  Why?

7 minutes ago, Nails said:

So they (or anyone) likes Takk better than Barnett?  Why?

i'm not saying they like him better. takk is more of a second round pick.

i'm sure barnett is on the board but i don't think they would take him at 8. don't think he goes top 10.

1 hour ago, KB_fan said:

Just started watching after having been in a meeting for the past 3 hours.

1) exciting that college football is developing VERSATILE players. 

2) Loves having 4 picks in the 1st 3 rounds.

Made me think:

1. Could suggest an interest in a player like McCaffrey

2. Could mean Dave is not going to easily give up any of these picks.  (Though of course one of the benefits of having so many early picks is having trade capital.)

I could see that