Photo
- - - - -

Family's 2 Pit Bulls Kill Grand Father

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_Let's Go Royals!_

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,346 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:32 PM

RUBIDOUX, Calif. -- A Rubidoux man was attacked and killed Friday by his family's two pit bulls, a sheriff's sergeant said.
The attack was reported at 12:10 p.m., according to sheriff's Sgt. Dennis Gutierrez.
"It appears at this time it is a very tragic accident," Gutierrez said. "Of course this family is very distraught, right before the holidays."
About noon, the grandfather of the house, located at 5787 Kenwood Place, stepped outside to smoke a cigarette. The animals attacked the man unprovoked.
One relative was home at the time of the attack and was unable to stop the dogs. The man died inside the home before paramedics could render any aid.
The dogs were captured and will be euthanized, Gutierrez said

http://www.nbclosang...bidoux-Man.html

Oh but our pit bulls are the sweetest dogs......

#2 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,582 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

You have to wonder, how long before the dogs are outlawed completely. And I know all dogs are capable of doing this but it seems to be mostly Pitbulls that do it.

#3 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:54 PM

Without reading the articles, I was going to say I'll bet those animals were just the cutest family pets who wouldn't harm a soul. Then I saw your second quote.

Sigh.

#4 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:25 PM

But my friend's fiancé's cousin has one and that dog's so good with kids...

#5 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:14 PM

Ive kept these dogs all my life. If you want the run down on em, read ahead. If not, then click back.

These dogs have the most willingness to please than any other breed. I've had other dogs, and none compare to that one trait. That being said, when people own these dogs who are less than pillars of society, the dogs are gonna do what they want them to do. It doesn't matter what it is, and it's easy to get them to do it. These dogs were used intensively during WWI, google Stubby apbt and see what comes back. That gives you an idea of what they are capable of.

Now the bad. If ya want a good one, you need to get a real one. Dont go out and get one of these things that look like blue hippos. People are crossing other dogs in there and its a crap shoot as to what you are getting. People who dont know the breed have no business owning one.

Posted Image

My girl with my son. She is bred tight with GrCh Budweiser Crusher and has a good bit of Garner dogs in there. She was bred from game dogs so I know what I have. My boys climb, pull and play with her all day long.

Moral of the story is, don't let idiots own sonething they know nothing about.

#6 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:16 PM

My best friend has a pit and I love it to death, but it is so easy to get her overly excited and she will just go insane barking, or running around.

You take them being nice dogs for granted, then they just get into that "kill" mindset and they become almost impossible to control. Love them to death but if they ever become a banned breed I wouldnt really care seeing as all the stories are never good ones.

#7 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:18 PM

My best friend has a pit and I love it to death, but it is so easy to get her overly excited and she will just go insane barking, or running around.

You take them being nice dogs for granted, then they just get into that "kill" mindset and they become almost impossible to control. Love them to death but if they ever become a banned breed I wouldnt really care seeing as all the stories are never good ones.

You are an idiot. Guess what happens when they ban a breed? Another one steps in to take it's place. Then you have to ban that one. Then.....

#8 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

You are an idiot. Guess what happens when they ban a breed? Another one steps in to take it's place. Then you have to ban that one. Then.....

Your an IDIOT and BIAS, I never advocated the banning of a breed. I love these dogs, I dont care if it ever happened because there are always stories about pits killing people. You never hear a golden retriever doin this crap.

#9 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:26 PM

Your an IDIOT and BIAS, I never advocated the banning of a breed. I love these dogs, I dont care if it ever happened because there are always stories about pits killing people. You never hear a golden retriever doin this crap.

Bullshit. Look at the bite statistics and find out where the apbt is at. I know, you don't. Don't buy in to what the the media and peta are pumping into you. Those folks wouldn't know what a apbt looked like if if bit em on the ass. do you? http://www.pitbullso...ll/findpit.html

#10 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:31 PM

Fact: APBT scores an average of 84.3% on the American Temperament Test.

The following are a few breeds that score lower:

AFGHAN HOUND
AIREDALE TERRIER
AKITA
AMERICAN ESKIMO
ANATOLIAN SHEPHERD DOG
AUSTRALIAN CATTLE DOG
AUSTRALIAN KELPIE
AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD
AUSTRALIAN TERRIER

That's just the A's.

#11 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:00 PM

Its #16 and I bet thats a puppy too...

In recent years, the dogs responsible for the bulk of the homicides are pit bulls and Rottweilers:

"Studies indicate that pit bull-type dogs were involved in approximately a third of human DBRF (i.e., dog bite related fatalities) reported during the 12-year period from 1981 through1992, and Rottweilers were responsible for about half of human DBRF reported during the 4 years from 1993 through 1996....[T]he data indicate that Rottweilers and pit bull-type dogs accounted for 67% of human DBRF in the United States between 1997 and 1998. It is extremely unlikely that they accounted for anywhere near 60% of dogs in the United States during that same period and, thus, there appears to be a breed-specific problem with fatalities." (Sacks JJ, Sinclair L, Gilchrist J, Golab GC, Lockwood R. Breeds of dogs involved in fatal human attacks in the United States between 1979 and 1998. JAVMA 2000;217:836-840.)

www.dogbitelaw.com

"Breed specific problem with fatalities" Im not talking about bites, im talking about dog bite related fatalities or DBRF since you like to abbreviate. If you are going to argue, try and argue my point not throw in biting in general. Hell my cat bites me all the time, I know that my cat isnt going to get me in a position where my life is in danger. Take my uncles 3 retarted peikanese they bite me for trying to pick one up....yet again my life isnt in danger.

And contrary to what you think you know about me, I dont buy into 99.9999% of what the TV says and PETA are a bunch of crybaby's who dont care about animals, only the chance to get their face on TV.

Edited by bredy087, 20 December 2008 - 05:39 PM.

#12 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:35 PM

When not raping and killing women, Ted Bundy was a pretty alright guy and wonderful with children.

#13 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:24 PM

First thing they say when they hear about this is 'It was not our dog. Our dogs love us".

#14 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,933 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:24 AM

i've lived with a pit bull for about 7 years, never bitten anyone. lives with a damn cat and another dog and gets along with both. when he sees a new person he rolls on his back and presents his belly.

dogs don't bite people, owners do.

#15 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,933 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

You'd have a major s--t storm if you tried to ban an entire breed of dogs. You'd get flack from both the left and the right on that one. And just for the record, my breed of parrot is illegal in 22 states (crop hazard).

I hate stories like this :(

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com