Photo
- - - - -

Family's 2 Pit Bulls Kill Grand Father

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

#16 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,289 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:07 AM

When not raping and killing women, Ted Bundy was a pretty alright guy and wonderful with children.

"If you don't count murders, we've got a pretty good crime rate."

- Former DC Mayor Marion Barry

#17 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:28 AM

Its #16 and I bet thats a puppy too...

In recent years, the dogs responsible for the bulk of the homicides are pit bulls and Rottweilers:

www.dogbitelaw.com

"Breed specific problem with fatalities" Im not talking about bites, im talking about dog bite related fatalities or DBRF since you like to abbreviate. If you are going to argue, try and argue my point not throw in biting in general. Hell my cat bites me all the time, I know that my cat isnt going to get me in a position where my life is in danger. Take my uncles 3 retarted peikanese they bite me for trying to pick one up....yet again my life isnt in danger.

And contrary to what you think you know about me, I dont buy into 99.9999% of what the TV says and PETA are a bunch of crybaby's who dont care about animals, only the chance to get their face on TV.

Pitbull type dogs. There ya go. They can't even specify the particular breed. WHat is a pitbull type dog? Is that like a boxer type dog? A german shepherd type dog? Take that useless poo somewhere else.

I also know that my dog will not make my life or any one elses life in danger. I wish I could say the same for the fuged up lab that lives down the street. Or the boxer I owned previously.

My dogs are like my guns. My guns wont kill you, people who own them will.

#18 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:48 AM

You can't ban dog breeds, but you should hold the owners liable for their actions. I wouldn't own a pit bull...not because they are dangerous but because they are ugly as fug.

#19 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

People always think because they own a good pit that somehow proves something. It doesn't.

#20 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:06 AM

I'd have no problem with Pit Bull apologists if they were always the ones to get mauled.

But like Roy from Sigfried and Roy once said, "See, tigers aren't the problem. It's people who don't know how to - SWEETJESUSGETHIMOFFME!!!!!!!!

#21 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

I also know that my dog will not make my life or any one elses life in danger. I wish I could say the same for the f*cked up lab that lives down the street. Or the boxer I owned previously.

Yeah im sure the owners said the same thing about their dog.

You have to be the first person ive ever heard say that a Lab is dangerous. Let me guess its a giant black lab that growls or barks anytime a person or dog comes near is yard or home....gee sounds like anyother dog to me.

Pitbull type dogs like the APBT or an AMSTAFF is what they are refering to! Dogs, unlike guns which have a safety and need someone to pull the trigger, have a mind of their own and are prone to killing without someone telling them to do so.

#22 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,097 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:15 AM

You can't ban dog breeds, but you should hold the owners liable for their actions. I wouldn't own a pit bull...not because they are dangerous but because they are ugly as f*ck.

I agree about holding owners liable. If your dog attacks someone, you should be heavily fined and in some cases, do time.

#23 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:56 AM

Isn't the issue more of a "what the animal is capable of doing" rather than a "these animals bite people less frequently than many other breeds"?

I'm sure shih tzu's bite the sh*t out of tons of little old ladies every year.

But the little old lady usually doesn't die.

#24 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:19 AM

I have a pit bull myself, and they are definitely a dangerous breed. It takes a very dedicated owner to manage one. It takes a ton of training on the part of the owner, and most importantly: You NEVER let a dog like that roam; always stay with it. My dog is never outside of our house without someone supervising him. Pits are a great breed if you're willing to do the work, but the popularity within the thug/hillbilly cultures has been really detrimental towards overbreeding of poor/negative traits.

Bottom line, any dog with the power of a pit bull can be a killer. I honestly wouldn't mind some kind of special license requirement for owning a bully breed dog, akita, doberman, etc. That would cut down on at least some of the idiots that buy them and don't put any effort into raising them correctly.

#25 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:25 AM

Very simple: Your dog maims someone else, you get charged with assault and battery. Your dog kills someone, you get charged with Manslaughter. Your dog kills you, it's listed as a suicide.

#26 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

Very simple: Your dog maims someone else, you get charged with assault and battery. Your dog kills someone, you get charged with Manslaughter. Your dog kills you, it's listed as a suicide.

I'm good with that.

#27 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

Bottom line, any dog with the power of a pit bull can be a killer. I honestly wouldn't mind some kind of special license requirement for owning a bully breed dog, akita, doberman, etc. That would cut down on at least some of the idiots that buy them and don't put any effort into raising them correctly.

Your exactly right, the problem not just with Pits but dogs in general is that idiots think they know how to train and handle a dog just because they've grown up with them.

#28 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:38 AM

Your exactly right, the problem not just with Pits but dogs in general is that idiots think they know how to train and handle a dog just because they've grown up with them.

fuging tools. Let big government get even bigger my having to license breed specific dog owners. I guess you all are right, in no way could some piece of poo gang banger be responsible for the actions of their animal. It has to be the dogs fault.

FTR, I've known of only one gamedog that was a man biter, and a famous one none the less. He was put down b/c of that. Like I said in a previous post, YOU, OR THE MEDIA, WOULDNT KNOW A PITBULL FROM A BANDOG IF IT BIT YOU ON THE ASS.

#29 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:44 AM

I have a pit bull myself, and they are definitely a dangerous breed. It takes a very dedicated owner to manage one. It takes a ton of training on the part of the owner, and most importantly: You NEVER let a dog like that roam; always stay with it. My dog is never outside of our house without someone supervising him. Pits are a great breed if you're willing to do the work, but the popularity within the thug/hillbilly cultures has been really detrimental towards overbreeding of poor/negative traits.

These dogs are not dangerous. You are a responsible owner, plain and simple. Miami-Dade county has outlawed the breed for about the last 10 years or so. You think there are no apbt in the county? All they are doing is driving the breed underground and making people more afraid of it. So when a cane corso, a presa, a dogo, a ....... bites someone, it's automatically a pitbull. Get your head out of your ass.

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,097 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:33 AM

These dogs are not dangerous. You are a responsible owner, plain and simple. Miami-Dade county has outlawed the breed for about the last 10 years or so. You think there are no apbt in the county? All they are doing is driving the breed underground and making people more afraid of it. So when a cane corso, a presa, a dogo, a ....... bites someone, it's automatically a pitbull. Get your head out of your ass.

You are really not very good at having a discussion are you? Calling someone an idiot or telling them to get their head out of their ass because they disagree with you will generally cause people to ignore or disregard what you are saying.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com