80 replies to this topic

#31 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,861 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:03 AM

they call them Pit Bulls for a reason, it's not because they're cute and cuddly, if you want a dog that will impress your friends get a Swiss Mountain dog they are huge and built like a horse, but they are also teddy bears when it comes to people.

#32 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:08 AM

Pit Bulls are great. It's a Zionist conspiracy that says otherwise.

#33 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,794 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:13 AM

First off, the Pit Bull was a good great breed, and still is if you get a pure bred and know the blood line, BUT, problem is that people have ruined the breed by doing some odd things with breeding and all of that jazz. Lots of breeds have been ruined like this over the years, Cocker Spaniels, etc etc.

HOWEVER, the mere power of the bite of a Pit Bull puts it into another category guys. The pounds of pressure and "locking" ability of this dog makes it dangerous, coupled with bad breeding and then the human retard factor, make it more of a liability than a "man's best friend." I know they could be good dogs, but I have known people where their dog just goes crazy in a instant after owning him for years (Pit that is) but it happens with other breeds too, but their BITE is not even as close and dangerous as a Pit's.

All in all, I think this breed should be banned UNLESS you get a license to own it, and take some kind of classes that teach you how to care for a dog like this and also learn the power of the dog and all of that. Then a owner can be held more liable. Also, some places require Pit owners to have insurance, I also think that should be required. This would cut down on the morons that get this breed and ruin it and the only people that have it are people that know what they are doing.

This way you meet in the middle of the argument.

#34 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:51 AM

These dogs are not dangerous. You are a responsible owner, plain and simple. Miami-Dade county has outlawed the breed for about the last 10 years or so. You think there are no apbt in the county? All they are doing is driving the breed underground and making people more afraid of it. So when a cane corso, a presa, a dogo, a ....... bites someone, it's automatically a pitbull. Get your head out of your ass.

There's a reason you can buy a bb gun at Walmart and take it home with you the same day, but you have to obtain a permit to own a handgun...a pistol is much more dangerous in the wrong hands.

Likewise with a lab vs. a pit bull. A dog is not to blame for what its owner does/does not do with it, any more than a gun would be to blame. And if you read my post, I mention a number of different breeds that should be regulated; I'm not picking on pit bulls. There has to be some sort of legal accountability required of people who choose to own such powerful animals.

I would pay for the privilege of owning my pit bull, wouldn't you?

#35 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:08 AM

Here is catofwars argument....

1. We are idiots
2. We dont know what a pit bull is
3. We are F'ing tools
4. The media tells us what to do/think
5. Big gov runs us by making us own a license for something.

You have to have a license for a car right? and a gun, and fishing/hunting one as well right? omg omg omg omg omg omg I need a license, you have to own a license for a bird like a Toucan....I dont fear a Toucan teaming up with another toucan and rip my face to pieces, still have to be allowed to own it.

But like Roy from Sigfried and Roy once said, "See, tigers aren't the problem. It's people who don't know how to - SWEETJESUSGETHIMOFFME!!!!!!!!

Toucan Sam said "just follow your nooooooooooossssssseeeeeeeeeeeee"

#36 9Lives

9Lives

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:25 AM

For the record, the Rott has 10x the jaw pressure of a pitt, they just don't lock.

I own both, and Mastiffs as well. Been around these types of types most all my life, and I'm not talking about just one or 2 of them either, literally hundreds or more, and never been bitten, and witnessed anybody else being bite, unless they didn't belong on my property.

Cooter can vouch for that when he get's back from the doctor getting his stitches removed. :D

I will always have them.....period.

Edited by 9Lives, 23 December 2008 - 11:31 AM.

#37 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,416 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:09 PM

I think that the next time a Pit Bull kills someone, we cut off its head and stick it on a pike in the middle of Town as a warning to all the other pit bulls.

#38 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

I think that the next time a Pit Bull kills someone, we cut off its head and stick it on a pike in the middle of Town as a warning to all the other pit bulls.

And make sure to put a picture of said pit bull playing happily beside children underneath it.

#39 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,794 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:45 PM

For the record, the Rott has 10x the jaw pressure of a pitt, they just don't lock.

I own both, and Mastiffs as well. Been around these types of types most all my life, and I'm not talking about just one or 2 of them either, literally hundreds or more, and never been bitten, and witnessed anybody else being bite, unless they didn't belong on my property.

Cooter can vouch for that when he get's back from the doctor getting his stitches removed. :D

I will always have them.....period.

Honestly, I think you have more of a chance getting bit by a small dog than a big one, that's been my experience anyway.

I think that all those powerful dog breeds need to have a license to be owned and classes taken IMO.

#40 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

You are also more likely to get into a fender bender than get run down by an out of control 18 wheeler.

I know which one I don't want to up my chances on happening if given the choice.

#41 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

First off, the Pit Bull was a good great breed, and still is if you get a pure bred and know the blood line, BUT, problem is that people have ruined the breed by doing some odd things with breeding and all of that jazz. Lots of breeds have been ruined like this over the years, Cocker Spaniels, etc etc.

HOWEVER, the mere power of the bite of a Pit Bull puts it into another category guys. The pounds of pressure and "locking" ability of this dog makes it dangerous, coupled with bad breeding and then the human retard factor, make it more of a liability than a "man's best friend." I know they could be good dogs, but I have known people where their dog just goes crazy in a instant after owning him for years (Pit that is) but it happens with other breeds too, but their BITE is not even as close and dangerous as a Pit's.

All in all, I think this breed should be banned UNLESS you get a license to own it, and take some kind of classes that teach you how to care for a dog like this and also learn the power of the dog and all of that. Then a owner can be held more liable. Also, some places require Pit owners to have insurance, I also think that should be required. This would cut down on the morons that get this breed and ruin it and the only people that have it are people that know what they are doing.

This way you meet in the middle of the argument.

Hm.
http://www.realpitbull.com/myths.html

#42 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,794 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:47 PM

Yeah get us a non-biased site plz, k thanks no re.

#43 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:17 AM

No dog, even a big bad pit bull, is physically capable to "locking" their jaw. It just can't happen.

You folks are talking about license requirements, mandatory classes just to own a dog? You folks don't value your personal freedoms much huh? I mean fug it, lets kill every dog. Then there wouldn't be any to bite small children. Works for me. I'll go get a puma.

#44 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,861 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:24 AM

Yeah get us a non-biased site plz, k thanks no re.

zt man you should at least read the site before trying to start a fight, :D

#45 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:51 AM

Right.

The site provides what I knew to be true from a fundamental understanding of biology, which is a "locking" function on a jaw is counter-evolutionary for mammals and also rather silly.....if you think about it.

Please bear in mind, I support stricter controls and regulations on people that own animals that have shown the ability to kill.

I'm pretty sure even the most ardent supporter of pits will concede that this particular animal requires more responsibility from it's owner than, say, a chihuahua.

Asking the owner to register the animal, provide documentation of simple safety features such as obedience training, perhaps breeding documentation, AND being willing to accept prosecution for damages caused by their animal WOULD NOT IMHO be a significant infringement on personal freedoms.

We require licensing to drive cars, own weapons.

The fact is, this breed HAS caused injury and death, and CAN be a weapon in the WRONG hands. So certain measures to protect public safety make sense.

Yeah, I'm a Libertarian, but I also give a damn about other people's kids, and any responsible owner of a pit should too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.