hepcat

Struggling to find a new job

ladypanther    5,154
1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I have an update on this - my girlfriend redid my resume for me and it seemed to do a lot of good. I started getting a lot more responses and interviews. I'm far along in the interview process with two companies right now and one is looking like they are going to make me an offer. I'll update when I have more info.

Good luck!

• Pie 1

Raskle    1,190
12 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Good luck!

What she said! Fingers crossed man!

• Pie 1

ludwig51    224

I feel you I got fired from my job after I had a mental breakdown after my wife cheated on me now I'm a damn pizza delivery boy for the meantime  when I think about money I get so depressed

• Pie 1

hepcat    4,703

It looks like both jobs are going to pass on making an offer. Feeling very down and dejected. Not sure what to do next.

Raskle    1,190
1 hour ago, hepcat said:

It looks like both jobs are going to pass on making an offer. Feeling very down and dejected. Not sure what to do next.

Slightly tweak the resume some more, ensure it has action verbs, rather than passive. Make sure you bring SMART goals that you achieved to the interview (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-based) to show that you can plan out your objectives and achieve them within a reasonable time frame. Always follow up afterwards with a thank you email, stating you appreciate their time in speaking with you, and if they have any further questions, you're happy to clarify. Things along those lines.

But above all, don't get dejected right now. You have a lot of positive going. No, you may not be getting those two particular jobs, but you got through the door on them, and the next one or two may be the big winner. Remember, you're making progress..better than before. Patience is sometimes a difficult thing to have, but eventually you will get to a spot that you like and are comfortable with.

• Pie 1

ladypanther    5,154
5 hours ago, hepcat said:

Hang in there. Keep learning and moving forward.  And always Keep Pounding.

• Pie 1

hepcat    4,703

I'm trying. I'm not even sure I want a new job anymore. I'm a musician. It's in my blood and it's what I'm best at. A day job will always be second fiddle. Maybe that's why I'm getting close but no cigar