Sign in to follow this  
Shocker

UEFA Champs

Shocker    765

Who you have?  I'm going Juventus.  Best defense on the planet and the best keeper for my money.  Also, hate Real.  Any predictions?  2-1 Juvy tomorrow for me.

Shocker    765

What an amazing match so far.  2 amazing goals.   Damn this is great stuff.

pantherphan96    2,867

Mandzukic with an absolute beauty of a goal. Navas went after it with the wrong hand but he probably wouldn't have been able to keep it out regardless.

• Pie 1

Still Brooklyn    385

I love soccer but have yet to invest the time to understand the game 100%. Why on earth does Juventus let CR7 just run free? Someone help me out here. Yeah, dude is GOAT maybe, but the second goal he got ... no one was even keeping pace with him. He just straight up ran forward and kicked it in. Why did the nearest defender watch the ball and not GOAT?

Shocker    765
39 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

I love soccer but have yet to invest the time to understand the game 100%. Why on earth does Juventus let CR7 just run free? Someone help me out here. Yeah, dude is GOAT maybe, but the second goal he got ... no one was even keeping pace with him. He just straight up ran forward and kicked it in. Why did the nearest defender watch the ball and not GOAT?

A large part of Ronaldos genius is being at the perfect place at the perfect time.  Add his amazing finishing talent and you got one of the best ever.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

Still Brooklyn    385

But, what would happen if a team stuck someone on him. Like the way teams spy Cam or we used to spy Vick. Would it hurt a defense that much to put one man on him the entire time? I mean, the dude close to him had his back turned. He had no idea what CR7 was even doing. That seems crazy to me. Same with his first goal. He passed, ran up, NO ONE even challenged his spot and he got the pass back.

Shocker    765

Man there is really no answer for him.  Its all been tried.  Real are ridiculoius.

pantherphan96    2,867
6 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

But, what would happen if a team stuck someone on him. Like the way teams spy Cam or we used to spy Vick. Would it hurt a defense that much to put one man on him the entire time? I mean, the dude close to him had his back turned. He had no idea what CR7 was even doing. That seems crazy to me. Same with his first goal. He passed, ran up, NO ONE even challenged his spot and he got the pass back.

You can't play man to man in soccer with the way the ball is played around the pitch. What makes Ronaldo great asides from his physical abilities is his ability to be in the right place at the right time and anticipate where there is going to be space so his teammates can find him.

pantherphan96    2,867

All credit to Madrid, they thoroughly outplayed Juve in the 2nd half. Ronaldo was lethal, Marcelo is the best left back in the world, and Dybala was a nonfactor out there. Sergio Ramos is a great player but an absolute c***.

• Pie 1

Still Brooklyn    385

I still can't believe how arguably the 5 best players in the world all play for Real or Barcelona. Something about taxes and TV rights, but still ... seems so unfair to the lesser La Liga squads.