Photo
- - - - -

Odds are really against us to win this game..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#31 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

any given sunday.

fug it. let's go get'um

#32 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

I think it's a dicey thing thinking they will win tomorrow also. My heart won't be broken if they get the second seed.

I agree. I don't mind going back to NY a 2nd time if need be. Of course with Minny playing so well lately, if the Panthers do not take care of at least one opponent, a #3 seed (along with #5 or 6) is still possible.

#33 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,816 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:00 AM

They aren't the only ones :(

I'm not optimistic about tomorrow.

(I'd love to be proven wrong)

I dont feel like we can go in and dominate such a good team but back in 05 we seemed to lay the smack down out of no where so im feeling in the middle for this game. Good teams I always fear though.

#34 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:01 AM

T-Jack is the kind of QB who kills the Panthers too. Though they did a decent job getting to Garcia, he has 38 yo legs.

#35 savage

savage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:02 AM

we are going to beat the giant's asses.

#36 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:03 AM

They aren't the only ones :(

I'm not optimistic about tomorrow.

(I'd love to be proven wrong)

unfortunately i have to agree with the minority here. i hope we win, but the cards are stacked against us.

kurb u nailed it. unless we get a tampa type defensive performance out of the giants, i dont think we get this one. they have as good a running game, but our d is without its lineman eater in kemo, plus they get their big rb back. we are missing the most consistant OL in vincent, who also happens to be on the side we run the best behind, and the giants have a stout run d. signs point to not gona be our day, but thats been said before and i would love to have everything go against the odds and we pull it out.

#37 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

If the Panthers don't fear the Giants, then I certainly don't.

Give 'em hell, Baby Blue.

#38 bigdog_10_2002

bigdog_10_2002

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:06 AM

I'm with you Kurb.

I'm on the fence with this game. There is one thing that gives me comfort though, and that is John Fox. He knows the Giants pretty well, and i'm pretty sure he hasn't forgotten the smack down that the g-men put on the panthers in 06, in our house. He will have this team ready.

The quarterback who turns the ball over the least, will go a long way in helping his team seal up homefield advantage

#39 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:09 AM

Beasons fine so scrach him off the list.

Giants dont play well under pressure.

Jacobs has one good leg and it has to carry 250 on it.

Giants dont have Plex and there O-line is banged up even though everyone practiced.

I am your Yen to your yang. ;)

giants won the SB, so they dont play well under pressure really?
jacobs could played last week, would have if it was the playoffs or coulda sealed the #1 seed (he plays this week, wont next i bet no matter if he gets injured).

plex isnt a concern, odds are bad weather anyway, and considering we have smith that actually hurts us more. if we go by the banged up, well, beason was sick, but you wrote that off, even though he didnt practice.

can i borrow the glasses?:sifone:

#40 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:19 AM

If the Panthers can stop the Giants running attack, they will win this game.

#41 John Fox

John Fox

it is what it is

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:23 AM

I hope to god that we can win of course... yet I got a REALLY bad feeling about it...

#42 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,914 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:26 AM

If the Panthers don't fear the Giants, then I certainly don't.

Give 'em hell, Baby Blue.

If I thought the Panthers feared anybody, Id be disappointed.

We can feel however we want. They don't have that luxury.

#43 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:26 AM

We won three in a row when many were picking us to go 8-8 this season. We've shined in high pressure situations with playoff implications for years. We now have one of the most dangerous running games in the league, along with a very physical defense and a wide receiver whose speed and determination are unmatched. Our offensive and defensive lines have continued to perform well despite injuries, and our special teams remain reliable in the clutch. Moose continues to take pressure off Smith and the running game, and Delhomme's playing with the kind of ferocity you expect from an eager rookie.

Carolina may lose tonight, but I would hardly call it "unlikely" that Carolina may win. I'm not "getting my hopes up," but I am expecting to see a darn fine game.

#44 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:27 AM

I actually have a good feeling about it. :)

I think we pull it out, but it will be close. Steve Smith, like so many times before, is going to be the difference maker tomorrow. We'll win the turnover battle, as Harris will force a fumble from Brandon Jacobs.

#45 Badbak

Badbak

Official Huddle Recluse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:04 AM

I think Kurb is thinking of his sorry ass Bears! Jacobs is playing on one leg if he actually plays. Their RT has a screwed up back, which I happen to know something about, and will not be anywhere close to 100%. They have more players nursing aches and pains that the Panthers do. They also know that they are in the playoffs even if they lose this game. The Panthers have a lot more to play for. I think that if the Panthers go out and start beating on the Giants and get Jacobs back on the sideline the giants will ease up and play to finish the game and get ready for the playoffs. Kemo has had his moments but he has not been Superman at anytime this season. They have other guys on the roster that call themselves DTs its time for them to show that they can do the job. Plus Brayton has played DT at times this year and a lot in past years for Oakland.

I think the Panthers have a damn good shot at winning this game and I am disappointed that you people are so pessimistic. GO PANTHERS!

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com