Saca312

Analysis: WR/RB Curtis Samuel - A Playmaker Who Happens To Be A Speedster; Why He'll Also Make An Immediate Impact

I just hope he's getting that hamstring healed up. I also hope he's studying his butt off because you can't create all those mismatches and make those plays unless you know exactly what you're doing. That's not to say I'm worried though. I have plenty of confidence in all of this year's draft picks. I honestly don't think there is a loser in the whole bunch, including Alex Armah.

• Pie 3

52 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I just hope he's getting that hamstring healed up. I also hope he's studying his butt off because you can't create all those mismatches and make those plays unless you know exactly what you're doing. That's not to say I'm worried though. I have plenty of confidence in all of this year's draft picks. I honestly don't think there is a loser in the whole bunch, including Alex Armah.

Every draft pick could make an impact. It's pretty rare to see happen.

I loved every single pick.

• Pie 3

Holy fug that was long but I read it all just before bedtime 

I think this guy will be great if he can stay healthy. He's going to command so much attention that all of our our other WRs and Olsen should be open more often. Don't be suprised if McCaffrey and Samuel end up being good, it could actually be KB or Olsen who explodes for a monster season instead because defenses can't double them or have saftey help on them anymore when they're too worried about what we might do with the rookies. 

I don't know about the Steve Smith comparisons, the NFL is a different world from college we'll have to see if his toughness translates over. 

Yeah I agree they shouldnt let his running back skills go to waste and their should be alot of mixed backfields with him and McCaffrey next to Cam and motioning either of them into and out of the slot, or even to the outside occasionally. If Shula mixes up the playcalls enough defenses will have fits with us this season.

I'm wondering if him and McCaffrey will get more playing time than I'm expecting in the pre season, what with McCaffrey missing time due to that school rule , Samuel missing time from the hamstring, and Cam also not throwing to them until I"m guessing training camp which is really late and only about a month and some change removed from the regular season start against the 49ers. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I'm wondering if him and McCaffrey will get more playing time than I'm expecting in the pre season, what with McCaffrey missing time due to that school rule , Samuel missing time from the hamstring, and Cam also not throwing to them until I"m guessing training camp which is really late and only about a month and some change removed from the regular season start against the 49ers. 

They probably will unless Samuel's hamstring is something the Panthers keep looking after. Cam Newton missed OTAs his rookie season as well, so I don't think he'll be impacted as much.

Will be a very interesting few preseason games to see how they play with vanilla play-calling.

8 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Jesus christ i wouldnt put that much effort into something Im not getting paid for. 

yeah that was alot  xD I was reading it just before i went to bed and i almost gave up halfway .

good stuff Saca....can't wait to see this guy on the field.   One thing we might see is sending him wide and putting RunCMC in the slot, clearing a ton of space for Benji and Greg.

This could be a fun season if our tackles hold up.

37 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

good stuff Saca....can't wait to see this guy on the field.   One thing we might see is sending him wide and putting RunCMC in the slot, clearing a ton of space for Benji and Greg.

This could be a fun season if our tackles hold up.

yup, if not, expect more of the same 

This portrays him as being perfect. He must have at least perceived weaknesses or he would have been drafted higher. Big school, blazing speed, good hands.....what is the rub?

If it's at the end I missed it....gracious.

Edited by csx

11 minutes ago, csx said:

This portrays him as being perfect. He must have at least perceived weaknesses or he would have been drafted higher. Big school, blazing speed, good hands.....what is the rub?

If it's at the end I missed it....gracious.

I like these threads and have respect for the guy's eye for "the good stuff" - but if you're looking for criticism or a balanced assessment of strengths and weaknesses, he doesn't do that. He's a highlight reel stenographer.