ARSEN

Barclays Premier League- 2017/18 Season Thread

7 hours ago, djp14 said:

Very similar to what FOX has for the Bundesliga.  I use to be envious of you guys because you did not have to pay for the extra games.  Now your situation is worse.  You will still have more coverage as FOX does not use all their channels like NBC so sometimes it is four games a week not one but Bayern and Dortmund are both always on.  This three games a year per team thing would suck.  I still pay for it because I like the whole league but if I only wanted to watch Bayern and had to pay the whole thing for three games I would be pissed.

Another way yours is worse is you still have to pay for the other channels to get the other games.  With FOX every game comes through whether it is on regular TV or not

Edited by Goondal
  • Pie 1

I did the cable cutting thing back in March, so I was already resigned to the fact that I would be limited to whatever was airing on NBCSN or USA Network. I gotta spring for Red Zone in September ($40), so no Premier League Pass for me.

54 minutes ago, djp14 said:

I did the cable cutting thing back in March, so I was already resigned to the fact that I would be limited to whatever was airing on NBCSN or USA Network. I gotta spring for Red Zone in September ($40), so no Premier League Pass for me.

Get jail broken fire stick, watch everything for free

Drove up to D.C. for the United/Barcelona game yesterday.

The crowd was insane with over 80K in the stands. The event staff was definitely not prepared for the event as it took about two hours to get to the stadium from 5 miles out.

FedExField's Club Level is pretty sweet and a great place to watch a game but overall the stadium leaves a lot to be desired.

In regards to the game. It was incredible to see these guys play. Watching Messi on tv does not do him justice, he is so fast with the ball.

From a United fan perspective, I was really impressed with Pogba, he was very active and easily had his best game of the preseason. I also though that Rashford played pretty well for the most part. I will say that De Gea was the best player on the field for United. While Neymar scored the lone goal due to a Valencia error, it was still a lot of fun to see these two clubs go at it.

image.thumb.jpeg.05ac53e7961c4ea7fcd63c676f0a1c22.jpeg

• Pie 2

Good game Arsenal vs Chelsea.  Sead Kolasinac is an amazing signing.

Saw United lost to RM 2-1 in the Supercup.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch the match due to work.

By the sounds of it, we got outplayed but still had a chance. Unfortunately, Lukaku and Rashford missed gimme's. We're going to have to tighten that up if we're going to compete for the title this year. I did hear that Matic played really well, so that's a plus.

I agree and also think Pogba is the most overated player in the world.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

I agree and also think Pogba is the most overated player in the world.

This... he was absolute fail in EPL last season.  Lukaku was hot garbage too. Lukaku scored only 1 goal against decent D... Spurs.  Most of his goals came against Sanderland, Leicester and other bottom feeding clubs.

Edited by ARSEN

What an answer from Arsenal late, you could see it coming.   LCity parked the bus a little and it cost them.

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

What an answer from Arsenal late, you could see it coming.   LCity parked the bus a little and it cost them.

They completely dominated the game but lack of Mustafi and Kocielny cause Leicester to be competitive