ARSEN

Barclays Premier League- 2017/18 Season Thread

1 hour ago, Borat said:

That’s literally your entire argument — if you’re going to play credentials, you can usually expect others to do the same. 

And re: wastefulness, I’m making a relative point — both clearly struggle, but Ozil is more productive despite his warts. Ipso facto, on a reasonable fee for a club that is rolling in dough, he’s a prudent move. 

But ultimately of course, we’ll see (or not, as I doubt Ozil will end up moving). 

I honestly do not mind if he moves.  He offers zero leadership, zero physicality which is needed at Arsenal.  He’s amazing passer tho but no Fabregas.

Welp I guess Man United made their statement about whether they are legit contenders.  Sure, no Kane but huge win today.

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Welp I guess Man United made their statement about whether they are legit contenders.  Sure, no Kane but huge win today.

Rebound was much needed after last weekend.

Kane is very arguably the best player in the PL, but Pogba injury is at least counterbalances his absence to a degree (though obviously not fully). Still very much a statement win, as you said. 

Edited by Borat
  • Pie 1

56 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Man Arsenal just no real chance against Man City.  Can anyone beat this team?

Yea, City usually starts sucking around Christmas time and goes into slump.  We’ll see if this year is any different.

ManU is lucky... that own goal by Phil Jones should of stayed.  There was barely any contact...  Jones start losing his footing before Morate even touched him.

• Pie 1

Massive win for Chelsea, MU was ok but not that impressive.  Lukaku was invisible for the most part.  Happy day.

Wenger is a *****, insulting Sterling and calling him a flopper when he was very legitimately fouled. i guess winning draws out haters, cause Pep and City's players tend to be nothing but respectful but still get constantly poo on

Wenger has always been a pussy. Can never take responsibility for his failures. I remember last season he bitched about Arsenal's fans not supporting the team despite a string of terrible performances.

4 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

Wenger has always been a pussy. Can never take responsibility for his failures. I remember last season he bitched about Arsenal's fans not supporting the team despite a string of terrible performances.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/story/3260499/arsenals-Arséne-wenger-refs-unacceptable;-sterling-dives-well

Via FB section below: "I think medical science need to do a thorough study of Wenger. Mere mortals see their eyesight get worse as the age, but Wenger's eyesight seem to have gotten better over the past 15 years. He used to not see what happened when his players like bergkamp, pires, reyes, henry, etc dive for penalties, but now he sees them clear as day."

Edited by Borat
  • Pie 1

Looks like all the big boys held serve today.  Big win for Arsenal congrats.  

Edited by Shocker