Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Sooo... Anyone starting to think Cam could be out Week 1?

The only minor surgery is when it ain't happening to you. If it might heal with rest. You rest. Surgery is always a last resort.

i love the way message board MDs want to throw everyone under the knife immediately.

all of this is completely routine.

if he has to miss a few games. (I doubt he will) so be it.

• Cargos 1

11 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

The only minor surgery is when it ain't happening to you. If it might heal with rest. You rest. Surgery is always a last resort.

i love the way message board MDs want to throw everyone under the knife immediately.

all of this is completely routine.

if he has to miss a few games. (I doubt he will) so be it.

Sure it's the last resort if rest is indeed what he was doing. The training staff didn't rest him though, he kept playing in games. Somewhere along the line someone screwed up. Whether it was cam wanting to be out there and them letting it ride , or whatever...... he shouldn't have kept playing. 

I would hold him til game 4 of preseason. Let him throw a few times against the scrubs to see how he feels. Don't rush it.

Not really worried at this point. As unfortunate as the whole "rust" factor will be, it's not worth risking anything. I just think they're taking a really cautious approach as they should be. Why risk it? He'll get acclimated again when he plays the shitty 49ers as our defense and run game dominates.

Can't remember the last time Cam Newton was 100%. Good  thing we signed Matt "I can't breath in this SC humidity" Kalil to save the day.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I am starting to feel like this may be a situation like in 2014 season opener against the Bucs. Cam hurt, Panthers chose to start Anderson. Panthers won. 

Too bad we have 2017 Derek Anderson.

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

But you don't throw your injured franchise QB out there for pride. 

Do you really think a business savvy, multi million dollar company doesn't protect their most valued investment and throws their "monkey maker" out there for pride? 

Thats not how a business is successful. 

49 minutes ago, rodeo said:

I would hold him til game 4 of preseason. Let him throw a few times against the scrubs to see how he feels. Don't rush it.

I see where you're going but that's a bit overboard. How about we let him play when his ready and only put limits based on how he feels and the trainers professional opinions.