Sign in to follow this  
Nails

Derek Barnett had 2 sacks in preseason opener

Barnett may have a stellar career, but preseason success statistically is largely irrelevant.

I still remember a season in which we lead the preseason in total sacks, and then had one of our worst years sack wise during the regular season.

• Pie 1

We needed offensive help more than we needed defensive help and we can worry about replacing Peppers in the next couple of years. Hell, the way he looks, Pep could be good for 3 more years.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Nails said:

Wow and I were the only two championing this guy.  CMC had better be all that and then some, especially when Pep and Big Money are gone.  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000828514/article/derek-barnett-impresses-with-twosack-performance

Nails, if you don't remember me before the draft saying that I liked him better than Garrett then you weren't paying attention at the time. I was all over this kid, and still am. It's just preseason though and doesn't matter until we actually see what happens with him, and ultimately I'm thrilled we have McC and wouldn't change anything.

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, the butch said:

One.  Pre-season.  Game.

Fools rush in.

He isn't just some camp rando. Had amazing production in college. Not surprising he would do the same at the next level.  

6 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Why didn't we draft all of the 1st rounders again??

blah blah Richardson blah Shula blah 

• Pie 2