PanthersUnitedTheSequel

Aaand Trump is at it again.. Calls the removal of confederate statues "foolish"

Moorgan    6,001
1 hour ago, crushcard1976 said:

Racism will never go away all because you take a statue down that's part of history. There were also white Irish slaves, I'm sure indians we're slaves. If we took everything down that was a bad part of history we have nothing left of America. Buildings, streets Librarys were name after bad things in history and few we're named after Racist like Robert Byrd, Margaret Sanger George Wallace. Clinton even protected the Confederate flag as Goveernot of Arkansas in 1987

You don't learn history from a statue. You learn it from a book or lecture or some such. A statue marks a moment or person in history. You learn about the history of that moment or person from a book. No one (except TX apparently) is suggesting changing history books. Instead they are saying you see that statue over there? The one of that Confederate General looking regal and bad ass on that majestic horse? Yeah that one. Well that statue was put there 40 years after the Civil War to remind black people that slavery was the natural order of things here in these parts and the people that "lost" that war are still in charge down here. So every time they look at that statue the black person thinks poo is different for me down here. I can't hold hands with a white woman. I can't use the same entrance to the store. I can't sit at the counter to eat. I can't sit at the front of the bus. I am not equal. And that statue, in all it's majesty, is there to remind me of just that...every...day.

Simply put, the history will still be there, long after the monuments are gone. People still remember World War II with nary a statue of Hitler in sight. It's not hard.

Edited by Moorgan
typo
  • Pie 4

rhyslloyd    990
18 minutes ago, crushcard1976 said:

Racism will never go away all because you take a statue down that's part of history. There were also white Irish slaves, I'm sure indians we're slaves. If we took everything down that was a bad part of history we have nothing left of America. Buildings, streets Librarys were name after bad things in history and few we're named after Racist like Robert Byrd, Margaret Sanger George Wallace. Clinton even protected the Confederate flag as Goveernot of Arkansas in 1987

Your avatar makes you look like one of the Neo-Nazis in Charlottesville.  Not sure if intentional.

R0CKnR0LLA    7,741

it's almost as if all of his policies line up exactly with those of white supremacists, weird

• Pie 1
  • Cargos 1

Yall are protecting Anti American communist good job supporting Fascist who wants take down our government and every part of history.

"If you want to tear down racist monuments, you need to start with the living monument dedicated to white supremacy: Planned Parenthood."

Margaret Sanger-She was a champion of eugenics and even spoke about her agenda with the KKK.

Sanger wrote, “and therefore I accepted an invitation to talk to the women’s branch of the Ku Klux Klan at Silver Lake, New Jersey, one of the weirdest experiences I had in lecturing.”

n a letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble in December of 1939, Sanger wrote, “We don’t want the word to get out that we want to exterminate the ***** population.” Sanger spoke and wrote openly about her eugenic attitudes and even admitted that Planned Parenthood’s chief aim is to produce a “cleaner race.”

Edited by crushcard1976

Happy Panther    3,997
11 minutes ago, crushcard1976 said:

Yall are protecting Anti American communist good job supporting Fascist who wants take down our government and every part of history.

"If you want to tear down racist monuments, you need to start with the living monument dedicated to white supremacy: Planned Parenthood."

Margaret Sanger-She was a champion of eugenics and even spoke about her agenda with the KKK.

Sanger wrote, “and therefore I accepted an invitation to talk to the women’s branch of the Ku Klux Klan at Silver Lake, New Jersey, one of the weirdest experiences I had in lecturing.”

n a letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble in December of 1939, Sanger wrote, “We don’t want the word to get out that we want to exterminate the ***** population.” Sanger spoke and wrote openly about her eugenic attitudes and even admitted that Planned Parenthood’s chief aim is to produce a “cleaner race.”

whatabout whatabout whatabout...etc...

• Pie 1

grimesgoat    279
1 hour ago, TheRed said:

In the sense that they are there as a symbolic gesture to appease generations of confederate sympathizers, and those with like minded ideology about minorities and slavery, they are absolutely participation trophies. We do not need them. Period.

Participation trophies are for kids that just show up.  The rank and file soldier did not just show up, they fought and bled and died on the battlefield for what they were told was their country.  Whether the cause was good (it wasn't) or whether these kids even believed in the cause (unknown) is not my point - they still fought bravely and many lost their life doing their duty.  Again - not talking about giant statues of R. E. Lee on a horse, but the lesser known statues of the common soldier that seeks to recognize their sacrifice.

When I see these statues or the confederate battle flag, I don't think of racism, ideology, slavery, or subjugation, probably because I'm just a white dude that's had it pretty easy.  But if these things are offensive to anyone, then they should absolutely be removed.  My white ignorance is irrelevant and not worth any pain these reminders may cause.

Moorgan    6,001
14 minutes ago, crushcard1976 said:

Your "ists" don't agree. The evil forces trying to take down America can't be Communist AND Fascist. Unless you're saying that TWO separate and distinct groups (Communist and Fascist) are trying to take America down. In that case I would agree and am against that. :)

I really feel like you may just be trolling us. Your posts read like a poorly worded ransom note.

• Pie 2

Moorgan    6,001
2 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

Participation trophies are for kids that just show up.  The rank and file soldier did not just show up, they fought and bled and died on the battlefield for what they were told was their country.  Whether the cause was good (it wasn't) or whether these kids even believed in the cause (unknown) is not my point - they still fought bravely and many lost their life doing their duty.  Again - not talking about giant statues of R. E. Lee on a horse, but the lesser known statues of the common soldier that seeks to recognize their sacrifice.

When I see these statues or the confederate battle flag, I don't think of racism, ideology, slavery, or subjugation, probably because I'm just a white dude that's had it pretty easy.  But if these things are offensive to anyone, then they should absolutely be removed.  My white ignorance is irrelevant and not worth any pain these reminders may cause.

I understand what you're saying, but the ideology of the war likely prohibits recognizing the sacrifice of the foot soldier. In my time in Germany, I don't recall ever seeing a monument about the brave Nazis that died in WWII. I think the Germans just wanted to stay away from it all together. Best not even give the potential appearance of saying something nice about Nazis...advice Trump could've used a few days ago and, apparently, could still use today.

• Pie 3

http://www.thedailybeast.com/communism-and-fascism-the-reason-they-are-so-similar

Two 20th-century ideologies promised a utopian vision that would ensure infinite happiness. They both stemmed from a political, social, and cultural construct that erased traditional ideas regarding good and evil. Both believed in the destruction of the old world, to build a new international order; each deplored what they saw as the pathetic ennui of bourgeoisie existence; each ideology’s shared purpose was to recruit members of the new utopia.

Those ideologies happen to be communism and fascism, which together brought an orgy of violence, killed millions, and led humanity to its darkest hour, where the final destination was the deplorable Gulags and the gas chambers of Auschwitz.

Vladimir Tismaneanu, a professor of comparative politics at the University of Maryland, noticed how communism and fascism, despite coming from separate ends of the political spectrum—extreme left for the former and extreme right for the latter—surprisingly have much in common. To comprehend the barbarism that plagued the last century, Tismaneanu contends that we must fully come to grips with the thought process that inspired so much destruction. So he sets off to scrupulously examine the intellectual origins, crimes, and failures of these two radical movements in The Devil in History: Communism, Fascism and Some Lessons of the Twentieth Century.

Moorgan    6,001

You realize that the professor is saying that their methods share commonalities and not their ideologies right? I mean you quoted it so...