Daddy_Uncle    5,480

He is better than Fozzy but Fozzy does have the explosive play making capability. But with CMC here I don't see a reason to keep Fozzy. CAP and CMC seem to be the future tandem and both have looked excellent this preseason

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

Hoenheim    1,878
10 minutes ago, SuperCam2 said:

at this point .I think Cap is better than Stewart

To Stewart's credit, he had only 2 carries in game 1 and 4 carries in game 2.  He hasn't looked hot but its a very small sample size. 

• Pie 2

rmoneyg35    373

Fozzy has been a decent change of pace back for the panthers over the years. Now that we have CMC the only purpose for Fozzy is his backup. If CMC gets injured then we could re-sign Fozzy otherwise I don't believe we need him.

I do believe we need Cap. He is basically JStews backup. Stewart has a history of injuries, is older and has a high salary for his position. I'm not saying they should cut him this season but we should have insurance if he gets injured. CAP is that guy. He can possibly be Stewart's replacement and be our #2 RB behind CMC.

• Beer 2

Castavar    4,789

I have NEVER understood the hype for Fozzy. He had ONE GOOD PLAY against the Cards, and nothing else. He has never even been a good receiving back for us. I can't even count on one hand the amount of plays he's made for us. Dude is the definition of a jag who can be easily replaced.

• Pie 6

Hoenheim    1,878

To this point, I'm really wondering who makes the roster. If it was me making the choice right now , I'd say

HBs in order of starting position : McCaffrey, Stewart, Artis-Payne

FBs :  Young , Armah 

I think its worth it to keep Armah on the active roster and get rid of a 4th running back

• Pie 2

XClown1986    1,435
2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

To this point, I'm really wondering who makes the roster. If it was me making the choice right now , I'd say

HBs in order of starting position : McCaffrey, Stewart, Artis-Payne

FBs :  Young , Armah 

I think its worth it to keep Armah on the active roster and get rid of a 4th running back

You may have a point since they are using Young as a running back at times. I think they see Armah is too valuable to cut but needs a little more time to grow.

rainwater    677
8 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I have NEVER understood the hype for Fozzy. He had ONE GOOD PLAY against the Cards, and nothing else. He has never even been a good receiving back for us. I can't even count on one hand the amount of plays he's made for us. Dude is the definition of a jag who can be easily replaced.

Fozzy has multiple roles(backup RB who can catch passes and play special teams). That is why he always sticks around. If CAP contributed to special teams, it would be a no brainer to keep him over Fozzy. 

Edited by rainwater
  • Pie 2

manu4t    504
6 minutes ago, SuperCam2 said:

Armah looked great today its going to be real hard not to keep him on the 53 if he plays like this in the final 2 games

He was the most surprising player today.