SeoulPanther    119

Is it unusual that a player thought by some on these boards as recently as a month ago to be a lock has barely touched the ball in 2 pre-season games? 1 reception for 5 yards in 2 games? I don't think he's injured is he? I like his attitude and his early chemistry with Cam in practice. I'm not judging one way or the other but surely now is the time to experiment with his role and get him some catches? I'm not keen to defer judgement on this since as a starting receiver he doesn't have tons of experience and its a new team for him. I want to see something from him. Considering that we don't have a stellar cast of WRs it would be nice to see him go out there and demand the job like Byrd did in game 1 of preseason.

I don't know is this a reasonable expectation? Do OC's try to spread the ball around or do they target and give snaps to particular receivers in specific games in preseason? 

Is he actually a contender to be cut from the final roster? I know hes an ST leader but I keep hearing that as a justification to hold onto guys who aren't showing up at their actual jobs, and every time I see our ST they look rancid. And suddenly we seem to have a bunch of new guys who could be game changers for us in that dept.

Add to that, suddenly from having no slot guy to having a bunch of depth there. And cap saving. Is there an argument for cutting him?

Edited by SeoulPanther

Saca312    15,120

Well I mean our first team offense barely had a chance to do anything with Derek Anderson sucking all game, so I'll trust that he's been making plays and back it with his film from last year.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

Snake    4,268

Might just mean they are looking at other WRs. Giving them a shot to make the team. 

• Pie 1

The Huddler    11,249

Those talking sshit need to realize that there has been sshit QBs running the offense

what matters is how recievers do with Cam

blows my mind how so many people are tunnel vishioned and dont think wholisticalky taking everything into account. 

Edited by The Huddler

KillerKat    11,374

well Byrd should be a lock. Samuel is too. After that Clay is our best PR. And Bersin has shown more than Shepard. That's 6 WRs. So I don't think Shepard should make it.

• Pie 1

Saca312    15,120
Just now, KillerKat said:

well Byrd should be a lock. Samuel is too. After that Clay is our best PR. And Bersin has shown more than Shepard. That's 6 WRs. So I don't think Shepard should make it.

lmao. yes, Russell Shepard - who's been running with the first team the whole time & is our best ST ace - isn't a lock.

The Huddler    11,249

Glad you guys arent making decisions. Cause it would be a shame to cut a guy that Cam likes to target because his POS backup cant facilitate the offense. 

rayzor    10,669

hopefully he and the rest of the team look better when there's an actual game plan.

• Beer 1

The Huddler    11,249
Just now, rayzor said:

hopefully he and the rest of the team look better when there's an actual game plan.

and an actual QB

• Pie 2

SeoulPanther    119
17 minutes ago, Snake said:

Might just mean they are looking at other WRs. Giving them a shot to make the team. 

I get that as the play unfolds the QB makes a decision based on his own protection, coverage and separation. But if I'm an OC i want to target a certain number of receptions for each player especially in pre-season. Surely across an entire game that's possible? Result be damned i want to know if these guys can do it. However good hes been in practice I feel sure he can't be happy about being anonymous in the two preseason games. 

Edited by SeoulPanther