Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Practice Update - Cam Newton

Nate Dogg    2,114

Hopefully we will see a lot more short routes and check downs that will allow Cam to get in the groove early in games.

• Pie 1

Panthers8969    745

have they confirmed he'll play in the dress rehearsal? Not too worried about cam but obviously we want him 100% asap. Its very nice we get the 9ers then bills to start the season off. Cam can get acclimated in those games before the real schedule starts

Millioso7    246

Man let's just cut Derek Anderson now.. he gives me that #ImawellpaidbackupvetQb&ijustdontgiveafuganymore vibe to him.. call me crazy..

• Beer 4

Hoenheim    1,886
19 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Cam is still rusty, however. Many of his throws were high or off target. Thomas Davis picked off one of his passes pretty easily. More of a bad decision than a bad throw. Of course, this is too be expected for any QB catching up on reps. This makes Cam playing in the next preseason game so important. 

thats what ive been saying all along. Hell we could shut him down and have him not play until the saints game or something but its a problem Cam hasn't had any real game time in 7 months throwing to new receivers and CMC and in general testing that shoulder out in live competition against another team.  

If Cam goes into the reg season cold turkey with nothing in the realm of playing against other teams since shoulder surgery we could have a problem. If cam can't make these throws in practice how you expect him to make them in a normal game ?

• Pie 2

mjligon    8,293
13 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

have they confirmed he'll play in the dress rehearsal? Not too worried about cam but obviously we want him 100% asap. Its very nice we get the 9ers then bills to start the season off. Cam can get acclimated in those games before the real schedule starts

Probably won't know that for sure til Wednesday.

Hooefully his shoulder responds well to the stress they put on it today and (hopefully are able to) tomorrow.

Fright    252
21 minutes ago, Millioso7 said:

Man let's just cut Derek Anderson now.. he gives me that #ImawellpaidbackupvetQb&ijustdontgiveafuganymore vibe to him.. call me crazy..

I'd pie and beer this post 50 times if I could. Give me a backup hungry for a starting job, not this, "I'm just here for a check" and throwing dead ducks ish.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

28 minutes ago, Fright said:

I'd pie and beer this post 50 times if I could. Give me a backup hungry for a starting job, not this, "I'm just here for a check" and throwing dead ducks ish.

Agreed 100 percent. I hate how there are all these Anderson nut huggers. He's been so careless with the football and he's started to decline over the last 2 seasons. Anybody with a pair of working eyes can see that. Hell I would take Tom Savage over that guy. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

mjligon    8,293
1 minute ago, Salisburysean98 said:

Agreed 100 percent. I hate how there are all these Anderson nut huggers. He's been so careless with the football and he's started to decline over the last 2 seasons. Anybody with a pair of working eyes can see that. Hell I would take Tom Savage over that guy. 

Tom Savage has looked pretty good actually.

but yeah, to your point, I'd take pretty much anyone over Derek Anderson.

• Beer 1

CRA    12,267

Hopefully Cam checks out well tommorrow. Generally the day after extra work on a questionable body part speaks volumes

• Pie 2

rust or not I will be very happy if he plays some on Thursday.  Not looking for anything spectacular. At this point  him manning the offense will start bringing a rhythm to the offense.