Sign in to follow this  
Hoenheim

Better rookie season for Christian McCaffrey or Leonard Fournette?

Hoenheim    1,886

http://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/26727/christian-mccaffrey-vs-leonard-fournette-who-will-have-the-better-rookie-season

saw this article on the Panthers ESPN page . I know we are a bunched of biased Panther fans but what do you think?

It's kinda hard to predict for me, but Fournette is already not looking so great with an early injury to the same foot that he had problems with this past college season , and I  saw no elusiveness whatsoever in the very limited pre season action in his game 1 against the Patriots. His power looked good, but I think constantly trying to truck NFL linebackers and Dlineman is going to wear him down pretty quick.

Fournette's going to get alot more carries probably but Christian may be getting more touches overall. I think its because CMC has a more diverse skill set and will impact our game from a multitude of positions (RB, Slot WR, WR, KR/PR) . I don't know if McCaffrey is going to have that impressive of an overall stat sheet if Stewart still gets most of the carries though. Its hard to predict exactly how much work he's going to see as a RB as long as Stewart is healthy. 

• Pie 1

KaseKlosed    340

More complete back is Fournette. Better season stat wise will probably be CMC since he will be on special teams and play WR too. Fournette also does not have a QB so he will see 8 men in the box way more than CMC will. Fournette will have more rushing yards and red zone TDs that is about it. CMC will have more total yards. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 6

mjligon    8,296

CMC. 

For some of the reasons you hit on...especially Fournette and that foot and his style of play...plus the Jags have 0 threat at the quarterback position so they're pretty one dimensional in that aspect.

Plus, CMC is going to set the NFL on fire this season so buckle up fellas.

• The D 2

adub2b23    214

I'm more concerned about Fournette's long term health than CMC's.  McCaffrey is shifty and knows how to get small before he gets hit.  Fournette is going to get injured with his running style.

Jeremy Igo    72,756

Easily McCaffrey. 

Fournette will be playing on the equivalent of a mediocre CFL team. Feel bad for him. 

• Pie 2

KaseKlosed    340

CMC will probably avg 65 yards rushing and 40 yards receiving. He will not win rookie of the year. He probably won't even make a single probowl in his career. He is not better than reggie bush and has lower ceiling than Bush talent wise.  

• Poo 47

tres    19

McCaffrey, as I don't see Fournette on the field for all 16 games due to health concerns. Plus, defenses will stack the box. 

• Pie 2

mjligon    8,296
Just now, KaseKlosed said:

CMC will probably avg 65 yards rushing and 40 yards receiving. He will not win rookie of the year. He probably won't even make a single probowl in his career. He is not better than reggie bush and has lower ceiling than Bush talent wise.  

And now we unleash the poop

• Pie 4

Jeremy Igo    72,756
6 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

He hasn't looked impressive to you at all? 

mjligon    8,296
Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

He hasn't looked impressive to you at all? 

He will habitually bash CMC regardless of what happens on the field. He has been doing it for months.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1